Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 year old and poop

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:57 PM
  • 5 Replies

ok folks, here it goes.

i have a 2 year old daughter and i'm having a problem. She enjoys playing in her poop. Now, I know this is typical of children that age. But she literally sits and plays with these little balls of poop. She doesn't paint the walls with it. Yesterday she did it 3 times. I try to catch her before she starts playing with it, but this usually means she's not done going yet. She comes to me with hands covered in poo and wants to wash. I know this is a good thing, but I'm at my breaking point. I find this so repulsive that I feel as though I have OCD. I feel so dirty when she does this. I know SHE is the one playing in it, but I am the one who has to clean her up, then I feel as though I am contaminated.

I yell, I try talking but she's 2. I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. I don't want to make it so that she's afraid to go, but I would really like this to stop. Most of the time she's taking her diaper off in order to play. I think that potty training is a REALLY good idea right now, but she has no interest in pooping on the potty. She will pee, and we praise her 100%, cheering her on with high fives and smiles and would love to see her going all the time on the potty. She just turned 2 in June.

Any ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated at this point.

Thank you in advance.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lilkriskat
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:04 PM

I saw your post and had to respond because I literally just finished cleaning up my 2 year old's poopy hands.  He too will go pee and on the potty, but it doesn't matter how long he sits on the potty, he will not poop in it.  I am trying to potty train him because he has figured out to to take off his diaper, but it is difficult because he  was just diagnosed with autism; and literally doesn''t understand.  I know I have not been much help, but I just wanted to  let you know that I feel ya!!

singlemomof2nok
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:04 PM

I have not gone through that, but here is a BUMP!

LancesMom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:49 PM

OK Believe it or not. But my husband decided to duct tape the diaper. He would wrap a "belt" of duct tape around his diaper and tell him he was a power ranger. =)

owensmom34
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:02 PM

We had one child (can't remember who) that put poop on the walls one time during naptime and we yelled loudly and it stopped.  Yuck!

mominiowa
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:55 PM

it doesn't matter how much yelling i do. it hasn't stopped. i'm thinking duct tape may be an option, maybe making her tinkerbell's helper instead of a power ranger..lol. that or putting her diaper on backwards...we'll see

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)