Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did you want to be...

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:38 PM
  • 66 Replies

...when you were a little girl? 

Are you doing that now?  If not, why not?

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:41 PM

I never had set goals growing up. I wanted to be lots of things. =D

I am happy with my life as it is though.

615amy09
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:42 PM
Wanted to be a mom for sure...and I am to four wonderful boys. I did want to be a nurse...maybe one day :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orcadarwin
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:47 PM

The only thing I have ever wanted was to be a mom.  I've never wanted to be anything else, not a doctor, or a nurse, or a lawyer, or a garbage person, or a mail person.......just a mom. 

2taurusmom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:55 PM

I wanted to be a teacher, and a pediatrican.  I am a mom, so I guess I fullfilled my dreams, just not on a profeesional level :-) 

owensmom34
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:01 PM

A ballerina and mom...lol...and no I don't have the body for that career but I love being a mom!

billiejo79
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:56 PM

A kindergarten teacher. I am a fulltime homemaker and I hope school are 4 children

Jodi_A
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:13 PM

In 4th grade I wanted to be an archeologist.  In middle school I wanted to be a lawyer.  In high school I wanted to be a journalist, and went to college to do that.  I ended up with a Sociology major/English minor, and work as a Business Analyst.  Nothing AT ALL to do with any of my goals, but I'm very happy doing what I'm doing.  I didn't think about being a mom until I was married, then I wanted that more than anything.  And I'm lucky that my career is flexible enough that I work full time as a single parent AND get to go to all of the school/after school things.  Couldn't ask for more.

crysolwert
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:23 PM

I wanted to be a mommy first, and I have 5 wonderful, beautiful girls! I wanted to be a vet when I was real young, but changed my mind on that when I realized I was going to have to put animals down. I also wanted to be a teacher. I homeschool my girls, so I have that one marked off too!

AMom29
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Wow.  So many wanted to be moms when they were little?

2ds1dd
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I used to want to be a teacher. I am in some respects. I teach people how to ride horses. But I imagined myself being a school teacher. I like what I do much better! :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)