Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you had a tubal ligation ? Do you feel different since having one ?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:01 PM
  • 18 Replies

Have you  had a tubal ligation ? How are your moods since you have had one ? Do you feel you are more "hormonal" since ? I had one a little over 2yrs ago when i had my last DD I suffered the worst PPD after I had her ,went on anti-deppressants and been on them ever since. I am wondering if I will ever be back to my normal self again. If the tubal has something to do with it ? I do not regret my decision not to have anymore children at all .

Katie mother to 5 children  Noah 7-25-99,Hailey 4-18-03,
Riley 4-6-04,Caleb 10-12-05, Gracie 4-9-08.
family in the van

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dhampshire63
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Mine was done a little over 10 mths ago. So far the only thing worse are my menstral cramps. I hope I don't get all the other side affects you got. How long did it take for you to get those side affects after you had yours?

NEWMOMOF1
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:05 PM

my periods are different. I don't regret it at all. Oh and i take lexapro

wentworth99
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:08 PM

I have the worst pain when i ovulate since having it I know for sure that is different then before. I am not sure the raging hormones around that time of the month has anything to do with the ligation that is why I am curious to see if any other woman feel a difference ? or is it just me KWIM ?

Quoting dhampshire63:

Mine was done a little over 10 mths ago. So far the only thing worse are my menstral cramps. I hope I don't get all the other side affects you got. How long did it take for you to get those side affects after you had yours?

Katie mother to 5 children  Noah 7-25-99,Hailey 4-18-03,
Riley 4-6-04,Caleb 10-12-05, Gracie 4-9-08.
family in the van

crysolwert
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:12 PM

I had mine 14months ago when I had my youngest DD. I haven't felt too different. I have seemed to be more moody at times, possibly PMS, and I have never had a problem with that before. It's only that time of month though. Other than that, everything is pretty ,much normal, except no need to worry about number 6 coming! I would talk to your OB/GYN, or even your general practice dr. I don't know if it is a possibility that the tubal is causing that sort of thing or not. I know I have little changes after each of my DC.

shaunadale
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:44 PM

I have heard the tubal does make cramps much worse for some women. A lot of women feel very different and have issues after tubals. My best friend had hers reversed due to many negative side effects she dealt with from hers.

Quoting wentworth99:

I have the worst pain when i ovulate since having it I know for sure that is different then before. I am not sure the raging hormones around that time of the month has anything to do with the ligation that is why I am curious to see if any other woman feel a difference ? or is it just me KWIM ?

Quoting dhampshire63:

AMom29
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:54 PM

No.  Not planning one, hopefully never have to have one.

Missabecca
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:06 PM

I had horrible cramps after I had mine done, cramping from ovulation and then cramping from my period. It was horrible, felt giving birth or my guts were gonna fall out! I know my doctor said there was no way it was from the ligation....whatever!!!!! I had to take 2 Aleve as soon as the pain started and then 1 every 8 hrs. and that barely took the edge off! I wish you the best of luck...but I tell everyone I know don't get one done!!!

mommieof
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:10 PM
I had it done 6 yrs ago and the only thing I experienced is really horrible periods
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littleluvbug14
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:52 PM

I had mine done last March.  I had the tubal laparoscopic procedure.  My tubes were burned in 5 different places on each tube (standard procedure is 3 places).  I have had no differences other than my periods are now 6-7 days long instead of 4-5 days long. 

luvallovame
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 12:22 PM

I had mine done about 10 years ago and I TOTALLY regret it.  I think about it everyday. I feel the difference with my body now from before the surgery. I actually looked into having them reversed, but who has that kind of money now, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)