Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone in experienced.....

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:31 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hey ladies,

I'm looking to see if anyone in has experienced any menopausal signs yet.  I'm starting to get hot flashes as well as night sweats and my doctor thinks I'm crazy...I tried to explain to her that my mom was done with menopause by 42 and she said it is still very abnormal for me to be having these symptoms already.  I guess I'm looking to see if anyone is having them and what you do to help with it...

Thanks ladies!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomX04
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:36 PM

I just posted about this a few weeks ago I think about the night sweats I've been having. Hate, hate, hate walking up on wet sheets!  I have been taking herbal plant estrogens, right now I'm taking Fenugreek.

alisonmello
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:37 PM

do you feel like it helps?  my hot flashes are worse than my night sweats...but I have both!

AMom29
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:54 PM

No, thank heaven.  I'm always hormonal anyway.  :)

Powerstamper
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:29 AM

I've been having hot flashes and night sweats off and on since I gave birth to my last child almost 8 years ago. No idea why but I'm not crazy. I just chalked it up to hormones... like all the other fun changes I got from becoming a mother =)

MomX04
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 6:05 AM

Quoting alisonmello:

do you feel like it helps?  my hot flashes are worse than my night sweats...but I have both!

It helps a bit.  I still wake up damp but not so damp I have the urge to wake up my husband so we can change the sheets.  Now I'm good with a really large towel and waiting til we are both up to change the sheets.  I've also resorted to using a fan directly on me some nights and rarely cover with more than a sheet.

Pink2442
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 8:40 AM

I have been getting hot flashes and other hormonal symptoms.  Everyone tells me it could be from my tubal.

texasmom1800
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 10:20 AM

I'm 37 and have been having hot flashes and night sweats for about 2 years now.

MommyCakesinTX
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 10:28 AM

I wouldn't just assume it's menapause. I have hot flashes too and horrible night sweats. But mine are from Sarcoid. Maybe a full check up would be a good idea.

amyjoe930
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 10:31 AM

I started menopause at 34- its a pain in the astericks.devil

mommyk5
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 10:34 AM

My body is all messed up anyway, so I wouldn't be a good judge.

I went for years without a period, and I got real fat.  then I got pregnant and lost weight.  And started getting my periods.  ??  Anyway, Now after 3 kids, I am like a hormonal tazmanian devil. I am not pre-menopausal yet, but there are times I just wish I would go through menopause just so it would all be over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)