Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

menopause

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:26 PM
  • 7 Replies

My mom is right in the middle of menopause and it is becoming really bad..she flips at the smallest things..I have never seen her like this before..she can be downright hateful sometimes. It is going to get worse with how she treats me because my daughters father and I are trying to work things out and she doesn't like him..she won't come over after we move in together again. She never came over the first time. Do you ladies have any recommendations on how to talk to her about how she is treating everyone or any suggestions on how she can deal w menopause?

Thanks ladies...We have talked about menopause before...but this was before she started getting so moody.  I guess it was the early stages or something.  If she keeps it up she is going to alienate her entire family...which is pretty small.  i can understand it is menopause...but I can only handle so much.  She is going to an herbalist...which I was all for in the beginning because she thinks there is a pill for everything...but it doesn't appear to be working.  She thinks taking an anti-depressant for two days works effectively for her "severe depression"...which btw I don't think she has...I've had severe depression and I think its an excuse for her...I won't go into details...but everything is everyone elses's fault and she is innocent...not to mention she is with a douchebag, working full time, and taking two classes.  I think she needs to deal with one thing at a time starting wtih the douchebag if I had my say...I don't say anything about him...and if she asks I am always respectful...anyways....enough of my rant.  Thanks!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
singlemomof2nok
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:59 PM

I would have her talk to her doctor

Goof-Emom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:02 PM

slip some happy pills into her soda... JK maybe sit down and talk to her and see if she's talked to her Dr.  about it.

PJmom1226
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Read "The Female Brain".  It details how losing estrogen in your body effects EVERYTHING.  It is really a good book, it even helped me to understand my toddler daughter.  

MomX04
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:23 PM

I'm going through what your mom is but not as severe.  When I get in my moods I am very much aware of what I'm doing, how I'm treating people and honestly I don't care.  At that moment and time I just don't give a damn.  I have to take myself away from my family, esp., my kids because I get vindictive, rude and just downright nasty and hateful all with no good reason whatsoever.

Honestly I would just tell her point blank and factually where your relationship with your childs father stands and let her know you don't want to hear any crap about it. 

It isn't her life to lead and she needs to understand that menopause or not.  If she alienates herself from you and her grandchild then that is on her, you will have to choose if and when you make the effort to see her on your terms.

LancesMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:42 PM

BUMP!

Stormy6669
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Sorry this is happening. Just let her know how her behavior effects you and your kids and hopefully she knocks it off!

gabbyem22
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:15 PM

bump for edit

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)