Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When something goes wrong with your computer

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:20 PM
  • 7 Replies

Do you know how to fix it,or do you have your s/o or someone else fix it?  I know how to do the general virus scans and cleaning,but other than that,I have to have my husband look at it. I need to step my game up as far as the maintenance of a computer.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
singlemomof2nok
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:22 PM

I bring it to work, the fellas will take a look at it

theycallmemom4
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:28 PM

I now some about computers and I can take care of some of it. If nothing else I call my dad.

Robbin74
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:30 PM

I fix everything...I have brought PCs back from the dead...

Nikobaby2010
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:54 PM

What is wrong with it?  What are you using for the internet - internet explorer or firefox?  You should clear your history and do general "cleaning" and scanning on it.  I work for the IT Dept so I could tell you some things to do to help.

Stormy6669
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:54 PM

My husband is da bomb when it comes to computers! He is tech support for many friends and family.

sheri305
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Quoting Nikobaby2010:

What is wrong with it?  What are you using for the internet - internet explorer or firefox?  You should clear your history and do general "cleaning" and scanning on it.  I work for the IT Dept so I could tell you some things to do to help.

Thanks so much,but nothing is wrong @ the moment.Just a random post,lol.

thatgirl70
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:24 PM

DH is the tech guru of the family. When it was just me, I took care of any issues myself of course, but he is so much better at it so when something goes wrong, he takes care of it.

But I do wish he could figure out what is acting up with my video card. It is the only thing that has him perplexed. If it sits idle too long, the screen will go black and for a few seconds it flashes analog/digital back and forth, and then freezes. Both sleep-mode and the screensaver are disabled. He doesn't have a clue why it's doing it and he's been researching. I have to cold boot my computer when that happens because ctrl-alt-del will not work. I think I'm going to have to replace the video card at some point (he built the computer for me last year so it's still fairly new).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)