Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sad and Pissed at the same time

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:05 PM
  • 19 Replies

So the ex husband is $2000 behind on his child support, he calls friday and tells me that he made a payment. I  said "great"..So I look online today and it was a lousy hundred bucks.  I mean...really?  He has money to smoke two packs a day and drink beer, but can't help with is ONE and ONLY daughter, the only good thing he ever did with his life?  It just makes me sick..I don't get to make choices like that..I can't look at her and say "mommy needs her gym dues so you can't have lunch money"...like I ever would anyway.  Here's the best part..he bitched at her for calling her step dad "daddy"..but I guess it's okay for him to take full care of her because he won't.  Sorry ladies...vent over...I'm just so frustrated!!!

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Do you want me to go kick his ass???

from the beginning i went through his employer (which happens to be his cousin).  He has a successful company that he has built from nothing and he doesn't want to get in trouble so he complies with the child support.

My daugther's bio dad didn't see her for 4 years and called about 4-5 times a year.  He started seeing her through supervised visitations and now those have stopped too.  My husband has known her since she was 2 (now 7) and she is the one that started calling him "daddy".  Bio dad caught on when she was on the phone talking about "daddy" (my husband).  He now knows his role and is okay with identifying himself as 'daddy jeff". 

Andl2ea
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:13 PM

ya thats BS and im glad you are pist about it.  he should be taking care of her and it not only puts him in debt but has a toll on you as well. i hope he becomes more responsible soon and realizes its not easy for you to pay for everything.  my older son's dad skipped out on his child support and owes me like 9 grand.  it was hard when i was single.  my hubby now has been with me since my son was 3, potty trained him and everything.  my son calls my hubby by his first name but introduces him as dad to his friends.  i once asked my ex for money when i needed to buy food.  he told me that my hubby should have money lol.  then he asked me for money for bread for his other kids LMAO.  what a fool. 

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
indymom72

Quoting M4LG5:

Do you want me to go kick his ass???

from the beginning i went through his employer (which happens to be his cousin).  He has a successful company that he has built from nothing and he doesn't want to get in trouble so he complies with the child support.

My daugther's bio dad didn't see her for 4 years and called about 4-5 times a year.  He started seeing her through supervised visitations and now those have stopped too.  My husband has known her since she was 2 (now 7) and she is the one that started calling him "daddy".  Bio dad caught on when she was on the phone talking about "daddy" (my husband).  He now knows his role and is okay with identifying himself as 'daddy jeff". 

yes..lol..please go kick him right in the balls..lol..it used to come right out of his checks..but now that he's a "contractor" I have to rely on him to take the payments in and as you can see it is low on the priority list.  Jason (stepdad) has been in her life for 8 years, he's earned the title of daddy, but her bio dad still makes her feel bad for it.  Yep..lets go kick his ass!! lol

CaptainCookie

Oh, man, I hear you. My ex is the same way. The courts only try to get him to pay $100 dollars a month(a F%@#ing month.) My daughter is 8 years old now and my ex has paid maybe a couple years of that.

It makes you feel insulted doesnt it? I dont like not getting payments but when I only get like $30 dollars, you think "thats all your daughter is worth to you?' I spent more than that on formula in a fricking week when she was a baby.

I'm sorry. My little vent too.

wedding planningLilypie - (1bRL)
Lilypie - (uC0D)Lilypie - (nfMj)

indymom72
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Quoting CaptainCookie:

Oh, man, I hear you. My ex is the same way. The courts only try to get him to pay $100 dollars a month(a F%@#ing month.) My daughter is 8 years old now and my ex has paid maybe a couple years of that.

It makes you feel insulted doesnt it? I dont like getting not getting payments but when I only get like $30 dollars, you think "thats all your daughter is worth to you?' I spent more than that on formula in a fricking week when she was a baby.

I'm sorry. My little vent too.

no need to be sorry..that's EXACTLY how I felt..like it was a slap in the face.  He really smokes two packs a day, he has a 10 dollar a day habit, but can't help with his only child...makes me sick..

OhiogirlinCali
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:16 PM

When she is older she'll know who to come to and who she can count on.  Keep that in the back of your mind... that's what I do when my ex is being an ass.... :)

Zoeysmomma119
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:17 PM

I've never had to deal with this, but if he is so far behind can you cut off contact until he gets caught up or can you have it taken right out of his paycheck? 

Kimberly954
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Too bad you cant take it directly from his paycheck. It would make life easier.

indymom72
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Quoting Kimberly954:

Too bad you cant take it directly from his paycheck. It would make life easier.

I can't do it like that anymore because he's a contractor..basically working for himself..it sucks.  I've checked into it..I just have to rely on him to do the right thing. 

midgettrainer
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Have you thought of having his parental rights terminated and letting your current husband adopt her?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)