Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First time mom

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:26 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am a first time mom - I had my twins a month and a day before my 31st birthday.  I have enjoyed them so much and they are only one, but sometimes I get sooo tired so fast.  Anyone have any tips  on how to keep up the energy - physically and mentally?  I've tried coffee, working out, joining playgroups... I don't eat a lot of junk food, but I am still working on getting some weight off, so I know that's part of it.  I'm not a huge fan of chemical addatives either, so, yeah, I know that makes it tough...  Thanks.

"There are two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein

http://ster00ling.blogspot.com/

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sheri305
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:31 PM

I remember when my twins were babies.And yes,it can get overwhelming.And plus,I had 2 older kids.I dont know if you have someone else in either you or your s/o family that can help out with the twins sometime,but if so,that will make a big difference.So you can get some alone time,nap time,etc.And maybe try to nap when they are napping.And the exercising will eventually make a difference as well.

sheri305
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Oh,and congrats on your first babie(s).

CarrieZack
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Can you get someone to watch them for a short period each day while you recharge your batteries? Or take a nap while they nap? I know I've been tired with just one kid who is almost  2 now. And I don't know how I'd have survived without daycare to give me a break or the occasional nap during her nap on weekends. I can't handle caffiene. I did overindulge on the sugar, though and put on some weight. trying to keep the energy up. So not much help here, sorry.

NearSeattleMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Work out regularly and nap when you can.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)