Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I'm 31 and breaking out on my chin...grrr

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 9:21 AM
  • 10 Replies
I never had a problem acne at all in high school or after. Now I'm 31 and I keep breaking out on my chin!!! I get one cleared up and 2 more show up! Anybody else gone through this? Anybody have anything they recommend to use or any advice? I use clean and clear and it's always worked but not lately!! I do drink water and try hard to eat healthy and not so much junk. Thanks in advance:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
singlemomof2nok
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 9:25 AM

I have been going thru that for what seems like ages.  I have yet to find anything to help clear it up. 

JoGibson
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 9:26 AM

horomone changes, are they being caused by dry or oily skin?

yourpassion
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 9:27 AM

it stinks huh!  i use proactiv solution.  it works well for me. i'll get one here and there around my period, but it's nothing constant.  i love that stuff!  started using it 6 mos beofre i got married because i didn't want pimples in my wedding pics.  that was 6 1/2 yrs ago.  i love the stuff!

i think it's hormonal changes.  esp. if you've had kids.  you are never the same after that. :-)

Ttyler
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 9:30 AM
Use a face cream every morning and night. I do take birth control but it was happening before I started those. I feel like I'm too old for this but I'm sure I'm not!

Quoting JoGibson:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nursesharon
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 9:33 AM

ugh...me too!!  I am 32 and have been breaking out for the last year.  I think mine is hormonal though.  I need to get on birth control but don't want to....  I saw a derm about it and he said to wash your face with Purpose soap (the bar soap b/c it doesn't have detergent in it and that can dry your face) and then use a acne med with moisturizer in it.  I have done that everyday for 6 months and it hasn't helped...that's why I think it's hormones for me....

nei-nei
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Mine is due to PCOS. I have had it under control for the past couple of years. It took Proactiv to get it under control though. I now use Clean and Clear and it works fine. The ones on the jawline and chin hurt soooo bad!!

Ttyler
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 9:41 AM
Thanks ladies! I might try proactiv. My hubby used it in hs and he very rarely gets one now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoGibson
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 9:46 AM

try exfoliating scrubs morning and night.  a lot of women our age get acne not because they have oily skin but because they have dry skin and our make up is keeping the dead layers from coming off and it is blocking our pores. also increase your water intake, it leads to beautiful skin :)  oh and lemon juice on the acne, it works!

Quoting Ttyler:

Use a face cream every morning and night. I do take birth control but it was happening before I started those. I feel like I'm too old for this but I'm sure I'm not!

Quoting JoGibson:

Ttyler
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 10:18 AM
Lemon juice...really?! Just put it on and leave it for how long? I will try exfoliating. Thank u so much:-)

Quoting JoGibson:

try exfoliating scrubs morning and night.  a lot of women our age get acne not because they have oily skin but because they have dry skin and our make up is keeping the dead layers from coming off and it is blocking our pores. also increase your water intake, it leads to beautiful skin :)  oh and lemon juice on the acne, it works!

Quoting Ttyler:

Quoting JoGibson:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoGibson
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 10:21 AM

just put it on and leave it on.  juice right from a lemon is best because it doesnt have chemicals in it to help preserve it.

Quoting Ttyler:

Lemon juice...really?! Just put it on and leave it for how long? I will try exfoliating. Thank u so much:-)

Quoting JoGibson:

Quoting Ttyler:

Quoting JoGibson:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)