Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

•Have you ever been in a car accident and do you drive differently after being in one?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:22 AM
  • 5 Replies

• Have you ever been in a car accident and do you drive differently after being in one?
  •                                            ~Shell~
    Group Owner Of ~  Tween Titans ~
    Group Mod In ~
    Moms With Teens ~
    Group Mod In  ~
    The Park Bench ~
    Group Mod In ~
    30 Something Moms ~

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:22 AM
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Replies (1-5):
    shell81
    by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:23 AM

I have been in THREE and NONE of them were my fault. I do pay attention more even though they were not my fault.

I did slide off the road once cause of the rain and bad tires. Now I hate to drive in the rain. I get anxiety.

camy41075
    by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Yes I have but thankfully not when I have been driving. It has made me so scared to be in the car at all. I now do not go out at all when it is snowing or just plan ol nasty out. I do not take my children out when it is bad also. My friends and husbands family make fun of me b/c I do not go out in the bad weather. I just can not handle the thought of being in another accident.

dayjohnson
    by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:31 AM

I've only been in one (thank Goodness!) but it was pretty bad.  I was rear-ended and my car was absolutely demolished and now I experience paranoia, anxiety and road-rage when people tailgate me.  I do drive a bit differently as I tend to give myself PLENTY or room between myself and the car ahead of me in case I have someone coming up behind me who can't stop in time.   For atleast 2 years after the accident, I was obsessed with checking my rear-view mirror for cars- sometimes to the point of losing focus on what was in front of me. 

tatar
    by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:32 AM

just a mild one. I still drive the same way.

KerryK
    by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:41 AM
    Yes, I was in an accident many years ago before I got my license, the anxiety caused me to no drive at all until I was 25. After I got my license I rear ended someone because I was looking over my shoulder to change lanes and the traffic in front of me stopped. That one did change my driving, I'm pretty sure that my anxiety caused it, I was so scared that someone would be in that other lane that I spent too much time looking behind me! I am a lot less scared of driving now, but I still try to change lanes as little as possible. I'll never be that jerk weaving in and out of traffic to get ahead of everyone!
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)