Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

•Do you know were your name came from?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:26 AM
  • 48 Replies

• Do you know were your name came from?  Share your name story!
  •                                            ~Shell~
    Group Owner Of ~  Tween Titans ~
    Group Mod In ~
    Moms With Teens ~
    Group Mod In  ~
    The Park Bench ~
    Group Mod In ~
    30 Something Moms ~

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:26 AM
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Replies (1-10):
    mom2gr8tgirls
    by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:35 AM

Yep...the French.  LMAO

Really though, my mom wanted Heather Michele, my grandmother wanted Michele Ann...grandma won the coin toss...lol

WINLPHZTLOML
    by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:09 AM

yea my mom had my brother first and his name is ricky after my dad and my mom is vickie but she didnt want to use the v so i became nikkie then she found out she was pregnant again and she couldnt then name her something that didnt rhyme so we ended up with mikkie and 2 years later a kikkie....if my mom would have had her way originally my brother would have been christopher alan i would have been amanda lynn(a mandolin get it) mikkie would have been dedra leigh,and kikkie mandy and brandy she was supposed to be twins

grneyedormom
    by Kendra on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:17 AM

The name of a street in my hometown that my parents fell in love with...I went from becoming 'Evie' (pr. Ehvee, not Evee) after my Grandma Evelyn to Kendra.

Ambear72
    by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:18 AM
    My mom got my name from the book Forever Amber. She said she loved the name not the character lol. (She was a prostitute for rich guys.
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    Mommy4000
    by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:19 AM

My first name I think my mom just heard and liked. My middle name was the name of my godmother to be who passed away before I was born.

aMarieT
    by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:27 AM

I'm Angel Marie.

Moms mother died when mom was 12, her name was Marie, but in high school mom met a girl whose name was Marie but she was very plain and mom just didn't like her.  Mom had a friend named Angel, and mom thought it was nice as a nick name but not as a given name.

Dad wanted to name me something horrendous like Eunice or Enid.

When mom was about 8 months pregnant with me she walked into the room that was to be mine to put some clothes away and she swears to this day that she saw her mother standing over what was to be my crib as if she was waiting for me.

Therefore, I was named Angel Marie

angieluvslogan
    by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:23 AM

mine came from the rollinng stones song Angie

mom2cindylouwho
    by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:43 AM
    Sarah Renee-Elizabeth

From my maternal great grandmother, Sarah Ruby. She went by Ruby because she didn't like Sarah ... she went back to Sarah after I was born.

Renee-Elizabeth ... Well, because my parents couldn't decide on a middle name & gave me both.
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    lyranightshade
    by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:44 AM

Sure do. My mom wanted Torri (my first name-gag). She was originally going to name me Victoria, but was afraid I'd be called Vicky. My dad wanted Amanda. He always thought that was the cutest name for a little girl. lol And my great aunt Margaret always wanted a girl in the family named after her. So, they tossed it all together into Torri Amanda-Margaret. lol I go by Maggie.

lyranightshade
    by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:47 AM

Neat name stories! Good idea, OP!

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)