Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you truly feel happy this coming Christmas Season?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:23 AM
  • 8 Replies

What makes you feel happy and what makes you feel unhappy lately?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
anetrnlov
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:28 AM

Yes, I truly feel happy.

What makes me feel happy....

My family

The direction my life is going in

The fact that I am surrounded by great people

My uncle being able to do a complete 180 where his health is concerned.  This time last year he was truly dying...now he's in school, gaining weight and healthy

My marriage

What's making me unhappy

Today....nothing.  We've had some recent bumps in the road (my husband and I personally and my family as a whole) but we are working through them and it will all be better in the end.

What makes me sad...

I believe my grandmother is dying.  Not from illness...just old age.  She's 79.  I truly believe this will be her last winter on this Earth.

tatar
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:34 AM

I am sorry about your grandma...I do hope God would still grant her few more years to live a healthy life with you and the rest of the family...I lost mine couple years ago, my mother's mom and my adoptive grandma who was my music mentor. My real grandma who had cancer past away at 67 years of age and my mentor around She was 94....I miss having them around...

Quoting anetrnlov:

Yes, I truly feel happy.

What makes me feel happy....

My family

The direction my life is going in

The fact that I am surrounded by great people

My uncle being able to do a complete 180 where his health is concerned.  This time last year he was truly dying...now he's in school, gaining weight and healthy

My marriage

What's making me unhappy

Today....nothing.  We've had some recent bumps in the road (my husband and I personally and my family as a whole) but we are working through them and it will all be better in the end.

What makes me sad...

I believe my grandmother is dying.  Not from illness...just old age.  She's 79.  I truly believe this will be her last winter on this Earth.

wolfmomma30
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:41 AM

Happy is because my children are all healthy and we have a warm and safe roof over our heads. Also because I feel that I have let go a little bit about worrying about presents this year. Sure they will get some things but if it isn't much; I am not going to freak out about it like I used to.

Unhappy about my extended family. All I have really wanted; truly wanted, this Christmas is for everyone to get along for just one day and be somewhat of a family again on Christmas Eve. Because some of the adults, namely my mother and brother, we wont have that close knit bond anymore. Every year untill now we always get together over my grandmothers. My uncles come up from TN and everyone has a wonderful day. Its just not going to be the same this year without my brother there. And I can already feel the tension between me and my parents. I told them no talking bad about him that day and I will stand my ground if neccessary.

Sorry didn't mean to make that a saga!! My apologies. :(

wolfmomma30
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:44 AM

Awww hugs to both of you!! Atleast on the bright side anetrnlov is that your uncle is doing much better :) And you really never know about older family members. One year you might think its their last Christmas only for them to turn around and be kicking like they were 21 again. Well not that young but you get the picture.

tatar
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:46 AM

I'm so sorry mama...I'm a bit teary eyed while reading your story...I don't know what your brother did that made your mom to be unforgiving towards his own son...I don't think it is proper for your mom to talk bad things about her son during reunions...I'd stand my ground as well and tell her to stop. I do hope they could patch things up soon....Quoting wolfmomma30:

Happy is because my children are all healthy and we have a warm and safe roof over our heads. Also because I feel that I have let go a little bit about worrying about presents this year. Sure they will get some things but if it isn't much; I am not going to freak out about it like I used to.

Unhappy about my extended family. All I have really wanted; truly wanted, this Christmas is for everyone to get along for just one day and be somewhat of a family again on Christmas Eve. Because some of the adults, namely my mother and brother, we wont have that close knit bond anymore. Every year untill now we always get together over my grandmothers. My uncles come up from TN and everyone has a wonderful day. Its just not going to be the same this year without my brother there. And I can already feel the tension between me and my parents. I told them no talking bad about him that day and I will stand my ground if neccessary.

tatar
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:48 AM

I am so happy for your uncle anetrnlov. It is a miracle of how much he has progressed. Quoting wolfmomma30:

Awww hugs to both of you!! Atleast on the bright side anetrnlov is that your uncle is doing much better :) And you really never know about older family members. One year you might think its their last Christmas only for them to turn around and be kicking like they were 21 again. Well not that young but you get the picture.

wolfmomma30
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:51 AM

Awww, I didn't want you to cry!! I hope too that they will patch things up but that would be a Christmas Miracle. The turmoil between them is going to take years to heal. UGH!

Quoting tatar:

I'm so sorry mama...I'm a bit teary eyed while reading your story...I don't know what your brother did that made your mom to be unforgiving towards his own son...I don't think it is proper for your mom to talk bad things about her son during reunions...I'd stand my ground as well and tell her to stop. I do hope they could patch things up soon....Quoting wolfmomma30:

tatar
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:58 AM

lol I have a soft heart when it comes to families...

oh my for years of dispute...that is so sad...   :(

Quoting wolfmomma30:

Awww, I didn't want you to cry!! I hope too that they will patch things up but that would be a Christmas Miracle. The turmoil between them is going to take years to heal. UGH!

Quoting tatar:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)