Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you want to know?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:41 AM
  • 9 Replies

Would you want your husband to tell you if he was "physically attracted" to his ex?

If he did tell you, what would you do and how would you feel? 

Do you think that a spouse should tell their spouse if they are physically attracted to another person?

Married (29), SS6, no bio kids
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
owensmom34
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Yes, I would want him to tell me and I would feel hurt depending on how he answered the question.  We don't bring up our ex's though.  

ame4c
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Well if you are married there shouldn't be an secrets between you.  You both should be mature enough to talk about anything with each other. My SO tells me stuff from his past that I don't like all the time, but he was a different person then and I would not have dated him back then.

As far as physical attraction?  I mean we talk about seeing actors and actresses as being physically attractive, so why would we think that their were not others out there that would look good to us too.  I always said it's kinda like going to a resturaunt.  I see things on the menu I like, but being married, I've already ordered what I want.

gaelicstorm
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:01 AM

It would really bother me.  But I think it would mostly bother me b/c I am not happy with my weight after my babies.  Not that he makes me feel bad about myself, but I am really self-conscious about it.  So even though that's not very rational thinking on my part, that's how I would feel.

wolfmomma30
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Quoting ame4c:

Well if you are married there shouldn't be an secrets between you.  You both should be mature enough to talk about anything with each other. My SO tells me stuff from his past that I don't like all the time, but he was a different person then and I would not have dated him back then.

As far as physical attraction?  I mean we talk about seeing actors and actresses as being physically attractive, so why would we think that their were not others out there that would look good to us too.  I always said it's kinda like going to a resturaunt.  I see things on the menu I like, but being married, I've already ordered what I want.

OhSoPoetic
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Honestly, I think it would be obvious that there is some type of attraction to his ex, otherwise why would she have ever been an option. It would be my hopes that the magnitude of the attraction isn't what it was before me. As far as him telling me flat out, I'd rather not know. But we always compliment random people when we go out to dinner, movies etc...if we see someone who's nice looking we have that kind of openness that we'll say "oh he/she's cute, sexy or whatever. We both know that it's nothing more than a thought, we don't act upon it.

Dannille33
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:21 AM
I agree

Quoting wolfmomma30:

Quoting ame4c:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemomof2nok
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:53 AM

I would want to know

tawana12
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 7:08 AM

What bothers is me is the fact that he told his Ex that he was still attracted to her as well. He then told her grandmother and then my mother as well. 

That's the real kick in the teeth.

Shellness
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 7:12 AM

1. heck no

2. angry and unsure of myself

3. heck no

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)