Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm soo bad, I'm good!...

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:29 AM
  • 8 Replies

I love this time of year because I have so much fun with my kids and hubby being sneaky with their Christmas gifts. 

It's fun to shop, sneak gifts into the house, hide them and know that you're the only person who knows where they are. Then I start wrapping and putting gifts out under the tree little by little. I don't wait until Christmas Eve to put the gifts out. I normally start putting them out during the 20 day countdown mark, I'll put a few under the tree each week. I do very funny pranks like wrap each kids gift in special colored paper, put gift tags on the gifts with no names because I know they'll be under the tree snooping to see who has how many. Last year instead of putting names on the tags I put shapes on them (I gave them the shape that best fit their personality). I keep notes written in my Blackberry so that I don't forget, the anticipation drives them nuts....hahahahah!!!

My 11 year old looked under the tree yesterday and said "Mommy, you forgot to put the names on the gifts" . I just laughed my devilish laugh and said "Maya, you should know Mommy by now...I didn't forget, I just knew you'd be trying to keep a tab...I know exactly what I'm doing"!!!

How do you sneak around and keep things under wraps during Christmas??

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lalasmama2007
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Thta's a good idea, not putting names on the gifts. lol.  My dd is only 3, so she's not a snoop yet.

kerijeanbean
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Only my 10 year old can snoop and he hasn't even looked at the gifts.  His older step brother did pick something up and tell him what it was and he was right, but I didn't let on that he was right.

singlemomof2nok
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Love the shape idea, may have to use that one next year

Natalie5
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:50 AM
I just wrap em, tag em, and stick them under the tree... Usually as soon as they are bought. I've never had issues with snooping. My 4 kids know they will get what they get and nobody gets the same amount... It is not about how many gifts we get in my family, just that everyone enjoys what they get...
mrswillie
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:51 AM

Ds & dsd found their "big" gifts (iPod touches)this year while snooping so, as dh & I bought more gifts we not only wrapped them in paper so they couldn't snoop, we also wrapped them in packing tape!  The are each going to need scissors to open their gifts this year!

Their is also a box for ds that is about 100lbs.  Dh told him, "You never know, it could be cinder blocks, for you snooping".  it is driving ds crazy!

OhSoPoetic
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Quoting singlemomof2nok:

Love the shape idea, may have to use that one next year

That idea actually turned out to be awesome because my younger kids couldn't quite make out their names on the labels but they recognize shapes, so I told them what shape was there's and grabbed all their gifts and tore them open!

thatgirl70
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Oh that's clever! I don't do anything special like that and with only one child, it would be pointless, LOL. But that's a very cute idea. :) I bet it will make it even more special when they unwrap them.

2taurusmom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Mine are still young (2 & 5), so I just still hide everything in the closet, then wrap in different paper, and set them out christmas eve.  This works well b/c dh helps me and we stay up late watching movies and him shaking his head at me every few minutes because we are still wrapping....lol.  But I love the shape idea and the no name tags for when my kids are older,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)