Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your dinner menu

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:46 AM
  • 15 Replies

How do you chose what to cook everyday?Does it go by what you have  a taste for,something a family member request,or what?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:47 AM

Usually I buy enough meat/fish to last about 2 weeks and then I just decide based on what we want on a certain night.

SoniaL
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:48 AM

I try to spread it out so we aren't eating the same things each week. i also try to balance things my 6 yr old likes and doesn't (she is very picky and I won't just cook what she likes because the rest of the family likes other stuff too). I try not to have stuff she doesn't like in a row. I also try to spread out tomato sauce meals because DD #3 is sensitive to too much.

singlemomof2nok
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:52 AM

a little bit of all of the above

sheri305
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Quoting singlemomof2nok:

a little bit of all of the above

goorob
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:16 PM

A little of all the above and I also sprinkle in soups once or twice a week this time of year also.  In the summer I sprinkle in salads.

indymom72
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:17 PM

I plan menus, then grocery shop for those things..but tonight since it's so cold, we're going with soup an d grilled cheese.

sheri305
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Quoting indymom72:

I plan menus, then grocery shop for those things..but tonight since it's so cold, we're going with soup an d grilled cheese.

Sometime I do this to.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:42 PM

It really comes down to what I feel like cooking. I make a menu to shop from to make sure I have all the items I need to make each meal. Whatever I feel like making through the week I make.

torie81
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Quoting mumsy2three:

It really comes down to what I feel like cooking. I make a menu to shop from to make sure I have all the items I need to make each meal. Whatever I feel like making through the week I make.

yourpassion
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:47 PM

i make what i feel like for the most part, or what someone wants.  i have no set menu, and i don't shop with a menu in mind.  although if i think of a meal i want, i will write it down on my list and everything that goes with it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)