Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Here they are .....................

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:21 PM
  • 7 Replies

Here are the questions that he wanted to ask her according to him.  I got an idea, lets give him many honest answers.  Hell if it was worth breaking my trust in him and the marriage they must be important.  PLEASE I am not kidding here ......... I really want him to see honest answers from truly neutral women.

Is it normal for couples to have things that are different from each other (hobbies, religion, likes ,dislikes)?

Is it normal to be angry with your wife over things she doesnt know she is doing wrong and not tell her but still hold them against her?

Is it normal for a woman to have a higher sex drive then her husband and want to have sex with his often?

Is it normal for a wife to ask her husband to talk to her more and share more of his thoughts and emotions? 

Is it normal to be angry and frustrated with your children?

Is it normal for your wife who is home homeschooling the children every day to get frustrated with them when they will not behave?

Is it normal for a mother to vent frustrations about her children to others ?

Is it normal when you are frustrated with your job to come home and snap at your wife and children? And is it normal when the wife asks no longer to hear about work because the topic keeps me angry or makes me angry again?

Is it normal for a couple to fight once a month - once eveery month and a half?

Is it normal my wife gets upset when I make time to go out with friends and co workers and not with her?  Is she being unreasonable feeling like this is not fair?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lisajellybean
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:25 PM

damn what did i miss now i always miss the good stuff

blank stare

JoGibson
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:28 PM

my husband went behind my back to meet with a woman who was openly making sexual advances on him to "talk about our marriage and get a female perspective".  but he says he told her he only wanted to talk so its ok.

Quoting lisajellybean:

blank stare

singlemomof2nok
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Here are my answers:

Is it normal for couples to have things that are different from each other (hobbies, religion, likes ,dislikes)?  yes it is normal, who wants a clones of themselves

Is it normal to be angry with your wife over things she doesnt know she is doing wrong and not tell her but still hold them against her? No that is not normal in my book

Is it normal for a woman to have a higher sex drive then her husband and want to have sex with his often? I think this is probably normal depending upon age.  women's sexual peak hits later than most mens

Is it normal for a wife to ask her husband to talk to her more and share more of his thoughts and emotions?  Yes, especially if you are going to be angry at her and she has no clue why

Is it normal to be angry and frustrated with your children? No

Is it normal for your wife who is home homeschooling the children every day to get frustrated with them when they will not behave? Yes, she is with them all the time, it can get frustrating

Is it normal for a mother to vent frustrations about her children to others ? Yes, other moms understand

Is it normal when you are frustrated with your job to come home and snap at your wife and children? And is it normal when the wife asks no longer to hear about work because the topic keeps me angry or makes me angry again? Since I work, I understand how this can happen.  And you shouldn't take your frustration out on your family

Is it normal for a couple to fight once a month - once eveery month and a half? I am not a good judge on this one, me and my ex used to fight all the time, so I really don't know what is normal

Is it normal my wife gets upset when I make time to go out with friends and co workers and not with her?  Is she being unreasonable feeling like this is not fair? No she is not being unreasonable in her feelings, you should want to spend time with her

Just my take on the "questions" he just had to know the answers to

sagi07
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Of course its 2 diff personalities you cant expect 

If there is no communication , there will always be problems

No men usually peak in there early 20s where women in their mid 30s early 40s

Yes but most men are not talkers unless its about sports

I do all the time

Yes

No, find some friends or vent on CM dont burden your kids about your frustations

No tell him to chill out have a bath ready for him when he gets home cater to him a little so that he can relax

Its a marriage you are gonna have your disagreements at some point as long its not everyday or week , i thinks its normal

No you need your hubby needs his outlet too, go have a girls nite every now and then or if you can afford to have some retail therapy

~Live ❤♪♫♪❤Laugh❤♪♫♪❤Love❤♪♫♪❤

NearSeattleMom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Quoting JoGibson:

my husband went behind my back to meet with a woman who was openly making sexual advances on him to "talk about our marriage and get a female perspective".  but he says he told her he only wanted to talk so its ok.

Quoting lisajellybean:

blank stare

In my opinion, that is TOTALLY not cool and not okay at all. 

Dannille33
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:09 PM

I have read all these and .. then I asked my DH about these..

I did this because .. I thought when I read them that it didn't sound like a man could be compassionate enough or care enough .. really..

But then I remember how your Dh in the past has brought you flowers and done some things that I know my DH wouldn't do..  not out of the blue like that ..

My DH said he wouldn't ever ask anyone more so a woman this stuff.. because he's not that way..

Now for my answers..

1. It is normal to have alot of things different though I know just a few that have some things in common..

2. It's normal for some women to have a higher sex drive and  then again for a man as well. Men and women hit different sexual peaks in their lives so sometimes a woman can be like .. ya lets go and the man be like.. not tonight.. and visa versa.

3. wait... ( this is answer to 2 I got mixed up.) I don't think it's normal to be angry at someone .. unless they know what is going on.. HELLO where's the communication.. you have to tell them what they are doing wrong or they can't stop or try.. visa versa.. it's elemetary really.

4. It is SOOOO norman to be angry and frustrated at your kids ..

5. YES!!!!!!!! she's home all day so she's going to be on  edge and frustrated at the kids .. you homeschool and dedicate your time to their learning and all that she does.. see how you feel..

6. It's semi normal.. I have bad days sometimes as does my husband .. we sometimes we can snap .. sometimes we just take a time out and breathe and then things are ok. It's very normal for a wife to ask to STOP talking about it .. don't beat a dead horse already

7. Yes... it's normal.. your people .. your not perfect .. and sometimes you are going to fight more then others.. and sometimes not.. stress and anxiety .. can cause alot of fights..and lack of communcation . pms .. alot of things ..

8. I have been there.. with this question.. I use to say no all the time ..

My dh was a big flirt  before I knew him.. and he had nothing but single friends.. so I would try to keep him home. Then after a while I just said .. Go.. then  all his single friends got married and now they can't go out.. and I say .. see .. it's not just a one wife thing it's a wife thing totally..

I don't think it's unfair.. a mom need times with her husband.. and she's home all day with the kids.. she needs adult time!!

OK.. well I hope I did well on the answers because frankly this is all how I feel about it ..

GOOD LUCK JO!!!! HUGS

heybooboo
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:21 PM

My answers are in RED.

Quoting JoGibson:

Here are the questions that he wanted to ask her according to him.  I got an idea, lets give him many honest answers.  Hell if it was worth breaking my trust in him and the marriage they must be important.  PLEASE I am not kidding here ......... I really want him to see honest answers from truly neutral women.

Is it normal for couples to have things that are different from each other (hobbies, religion, likes ,dislikes)?

Yes.  My DH likes to invest in the stock market and is into history.  I do yoga and am into artsy crafty types of things.  Our marriage works because we want complimentary partners, and that is what we provide.

Is it normal to be angry with your wife over things she doesnt know she is doing wrong and not tell her but still hold them against her?

No.  If you can't express yourself to your spouse.  Going to ANOTHER woman will only make it worse.  LEARN to communicate effectively.  A great book would be The 5 Love Languages by Dr Gary Chapman. 

Is it normal for a woman to have a higher sex drive then her husband and want to have sex with his often?

I have found that both my libido and DH's fluctuate, and it is fairly often that we don't meet on the same level sexually.  We have learned to understand this and compromise.

Is it normal for a wife to ask her husband to talk to her more and share more of his thoughts and emotions? 

Yes.  Especially if he doesn't communicate well to begin with.

Is it normal to be angry and frustrated with your children?

YES.  You have kids that have their own personalities, and they don't always click with yours.......

Is it normal for your wife who is home homeschooling the children every day to get frustrated with them when they will not behave?

Well, DUH!

Is it normal for a mother to vent frustrations about her children to others ?

YES.  Of course it is.

Is it normal when you are frustrated with your job to come home and snap at your wife and children? And is it normal when the wife asks no longer to hear about work because the topic keeps me angry or makes me angry again?

Well if you are an ass about it, then yeah it is normal for your wife to distance herself from you.  If you LEARN to communicate effectively, you would be amazed at how supportive a wife can be after a crappy day at work.

Is it normal for a couple to fight once a month - once eveery month and a half?

Depends on the couple and how well the communicate with EACH OTHER.

Is it normal my wife gets upset when I make time to go out with friends and co workers and not with her?  Is she being unreasonable feeling like this is not fair?

Depends on how often, and what happens when you are out.

Now a message to the DH.  You are an idiot if you think you are going to get better answers from another woman.  Learn to communicate with your wife.

Ill refrain from commenting as to what I think your true intentions were.  I give you props for coming up with quesitons to answer. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)