Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the hardest thing about being a?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:27 PM
  • 13 Replies

MOM ?

or ... do you have the perfect family that gets along great and your kids are perfect as well?

I see women all the time that act as if they and their families are perfect.. I just want to say .. WHAT IS YOUR SECRET? because I would love to know...

lol

Oh .. well .. lol

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dannille33
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:27 PM

I would say it's hard to find one .. but I have a list... LOL

SaraKamel
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:50 PM

I would say the secret is a stable mom and a good match between husband and wife. I don't have the first one. I'm sensitive to stress and to the slightest change but I was blessed with a good match in my marriage. However I believe the first factor is more important. I used to want to be like those bright, cheerful, alive looking moms but I stopped and I just try to love me and accept me the way I am because I need it!! And because looking at others just made me miserable it never got me closer to their image. Paradoxically, just loving me the way I am changed me to the better.

Don't mean to sound preachy :)

Dannille33
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Hey!! I totally agree to what you have said here.. and I don't find it preachy...

I really admire how you stated it ... Thank you:)

Quoting SaraKamel:

I would say the secret is a stable mom and a good match between husband and wife. I don't have the first one. I'm sensitive to stress and to the slightest change but I was blessed with a good match in my marriage. However I believe the first factor is more important. I used to want to be like those bright, cheerful, alive looking moms but I stopped and I just try to love me and accept me the way I am because I need it!! And because looking at others just made me miserable it never got me closer to their image. Paradoxically, just loving me the way I am changed me to the better.

Don't mean to sound preachy :)

Jodi_A
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Hardest thing: being ultimately responsible for the safety, welfare and happiness of someone else. 

My trick is that I just don't allow most things to stress me out.  I have enough stress (single mom, full-time job, MS, child with a lot of extra-curricular activities).  So, the things I can't control, I don't even try.  If someone cuts me off while driving, well then that person must have to be somewhere more urgently than I do.  If my house is a bit messy, well then I'll just worry about it when I have a minute.  I'm a fairly relaxed person (except in very specific situation where my anxiety kicks in), so I just don't waste time or energy on anything that isn't directly linked to our immediate needs.  Me and my daughter are the most important things to me and everything else is second.  And nothing is worth worrying about too much.

Dannille33
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Oh .. Jodi..

I need your patients....

I have always been a bit to high strung.. some days I am relaxed and some days .. I just worry to much .. lol

Quoting Jodi_A:

Hardest thing: being ultimately responsible for the safety, welfare and happiness of someone else. 

My trick is that I just don't allow most things to stress me out.  I have enough stress (single mom, full-time job, MS, child with a lot of extra-curricular activities).  So, the things I can't control, I don't even try.  If someone cuts me off while driving, well then that person must have to be somewhere more urgently than I do.  If my house is a bit messy, well then I'll just worry about it when I have a minute.  I'm a fairly relaxed person (except in very specific situation where my anxiety kicks in), so I just don't waste time or energy on anything that isn't directly linked to our immediate needs.  Me and my daughter are the most important things to me and everything else is second.  And nothing is worth worrying about too much.

T-Howe
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:01 PM
Hardest thing.......getting them to clean their room! LOL! OYE!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dannille33
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:49 PM
Ya right!!' I agree there!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sagi07
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Me too I want to know.... how do you get ur kids to get along , how do you get them to do what ask only once, how do you make being a single mom easier

Dannille33
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:55 PM
I use to wonder that myself whe I was a single mom for 6 yrs with two kids ..... Your doing a great job!!!

Quoting sagi07:

Me too I want to know.... how do you get ur kids to get along , how do you get them to do what ask only once, how do you make being a single mom easier

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firewoman33
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:58 PM

i'd say it's the repetitiveness or possibly the constant demands for my attention. My son is 3 and our only one so far so I'm sure that plays into it. I mean who else does he have to talk to most of the time? However, that doesn't mean I don't occasionally want to use the bathroom by myself. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)