Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the most thoughtful Valentine's gift you've ever gotten?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:34 AM
  • 15 Replies

Not the most expensive, or flashy mind you. But the one that made you know that the person who got it for you was really thinking about you.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetsurprise13
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:35 AM

a poem that my hubby wrote for me!  I love when he does this because I know it has taken himi days to write it!

sweetsurprise13
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:36 AM

oh and one year when we were first together he worked at a hospital and they were selling heart shaped cookies that had "Be Mine", and "Love" on them and he bought me those two. They were so cute!

AnnieMcD
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:36 AM

Mine was from my very first boyfriend. I was 20 (yeah, big brothers who go to the same school as you really cramp your style LOL) and my boyfriend came over on Valentine's with a basket. In the basket was a book that I had been wanting and was unable to afford. The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. I was going through my Stephen King phase and this guy knew it. This was King's most recent book. 

He also got me a really nice bookmark, cause he knew I refuse to dog-ear books, and some candy. 

It was a really thoughtful gift, and here 11 years later I still remember it. The guy didn't last, but the kindness did.  

AnnieMcD
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:37 AM

Awww ... my husband doesn't write poetry, but he has done sketches of me that make me far more beautiful than I actually am. Those always make me smile.

Quoting sweetsurprise13:

a poem that my hubby wrote for me!  I love when he does this because I know it has taken himi days to write it!

AnnieMcD
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:38 AM

So cute!

Quoting sweetsurprise13:

oh and one year when we were first together he worked at a hospital and they were selling heart shaped cookies that had "Be Mine", and "Love" on them and he bought me those two. They were so cute!

sweetsurprise13
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:38 AM

aww. that is so sweet.  those are the types of gifts I love.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Mine was from my very first boyfriend. I was 20 (yeah, big brothers who go to the same school as you really cramp your style LOL) and my boyfriend came over on Valentine's with a basket. In the basket was a book that I had been wanting and was unable to afford. The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. I was going through my Stephen King phase and this guy knew it. This was King's most recent book. 

He also got me a really nice bookmark, cause he knew I refuse to dog-ear books, and some candy. 

It was a really thoughtful gift, and here 11 years later I still remember it. The guy didn't last, but the kindness did.  

sweetsurprise13
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:39 AM

aww.  hubby's can be the best most of the time!!

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Awww ... my husband doesn't write poetry, but he has done sketches of me that make me far more beautiful than I actually am. Those always make me smile.

Quoting sweetsurprise13:

sweetsurprise13
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:39 AM

they were and I didn't want to eat them but I couldn't keep them like that forever! lol

Quoting AnnieMcD:

So cute!

Quoting sweetsurprise13:

AnnieMcD
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:23 AM

Anyone else?  

alayna04
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:40 AM

the first year my hubby and I were togtheras adults( we dated on and off as teens) he sent me a dozen roses up to my job and then I went and saw him at his jb later where he had another dozen roses waiting for me and then when he cam home that night he brought another dozen roses with a beautful card and a box of chocolates. that was so awesome because I wasnt expecting so many beautiful roses

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)