Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay I have always been intrigued by the rich & famous but NOT...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:34 AM
  • 7 Replies

Scientology!

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/02/exclusive-katie-holmes-studied-scientology-slave-labor-bus-church-built-hubby-tom

What do you think of this religion and be honest??...

We don't all believe the same beliefs.  I understand that and you never know the whole truth with the media.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AnnieMcD
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:39 AM

There are a lot of things about L. Ron Hubbard that tell me that he was nothing more than the most successful con man ever. The religion is theirs to believe in I suppose, but in the end from the evidence I've seen he just made it all up.

I think if people want to believe in it, that's fine with me. But I don't have a whole lot of fondness for it in general. I think a lot of their beliefs are over the top and some are downright offensive.

mrswillie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:40 AM

BUMP

alayna04
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:43 AM
not for me and I wouldnt really even look into it
yourpassion
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:43 AM

i don't get it from what i have heard, but i haven't really researched it either.

owensmom34
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:44 AM

So true, but do you think the rich sometimes lean toward Scientology because it's a safety net for them.  They are protected through this group or am I way off base?  Just curious your thoughts... :)

Quoting AnnieMcD:

There are a lot of things about L. Ron Hubbard that tell me that he was nothing more than the most successful con man ever. The religion is theirs to believe in I suppose, but in the end from the evidence I've seen he just made it all up.

I think if people want to believe in it, that's fine with me. But I don't have a whole lot of fondness for it in general. I think a lot of their beliefs are over the top and some are downright offensive.

Moms2NTwins
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Quoting yourpassion:

i don't get it from what i have heard, but i haven't really researched it either.

everydaymom1220
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:12 AM
My fil joined. But stopped goingafter only a month. He couldnt hang with thier belief system. It was too off the wall. Years latter he still shudders and laughs when that place is mentioned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)