Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A friendship goes sour, but than you get along again...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:41 AM
  • 5 Replies

Has this ever happened to you?

eye rolling

Has it even in some ways made your friendship stronger because you learned what that person likes and doesn't like about you?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
alayna04
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:49 AM

yes its happened, my 2 best friends and myself had fallings out in high school but then we have rekindled our freindships in time and now we are the best of friends

Moms2NTwins
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:06 AM

I wouldnt say stringer, she said some hurtful things about me. For me it taught me a lesson about myself. I now have some things I just dont tell her. Some things I keep to myself because she may later on throw them in my face :o/

our3
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Yes.  I had a friend since 3rd grade. We were best friends until highschool. Then she started doing things that were not very good, she chose other people to hang with, she started treating her mom horribly, and we got into a big fight. We didnt talk for years but now that we're both adults we still talk occasionaly. Now the distance isnt from bad things its just she's busy with a career and kids and I have kids and was going to school. So we're not clkoser than before but we've gotten past the sour years.

OhSoPoetic
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:58 AM

It has happened to me too many times for my comfort level. I 've had some of the most dysfunctional friendships EVER. I've finally decided that at this point in my life anything else that goes wrong simply means it's time to let go... so I just lost a friend I've had for 16yrs a few months ago, sad maybe, but I can do without the drama and extra baggage. The only relationships I'm fighting for from now on are those I have with my husband and children... PERIOD... Just my opinion

AnnieMcD
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:01 AM

I've had a couple "come back" from souring. For me it never works out. It's like going back to a past relationship. Eventually I remember why we "broke up" in the first place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)