Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need/want a digital camera

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:55 AM
  • 8 Replies

how much would you spend on a camera and are they really worth it? I want a camera but I dont know whats good or what price is good, any suggestions?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
alayna04
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:57 AM

my hubby was looking at cameras that cost 400.00 and I about lost my jaw.

615amy09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:58 AM
My last one was about $500 BUT, you can get a decent small one for $100 probably.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
615amy09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:59 AM
I had a small one made by Fugi and it was great!!!

Quoting 615amy09:

My last one was about $500 BUT, you can get a decent small one for $100 probably.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moms2NTwins
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:03 AM

are you wanting a simple point and shoot camera?? In my experience kodak has some great ones. I have my first one, bought in Feb '05, and that thing has been through hell, I even got mad, threw it across the bedroom into the bathroom and it hit the wall and still worked lol Then DH bought another one to upgrade and it was awesome but he dropped it on the garage floor with the lens out and messed it up. Then I bought another one and my grandmothers messed up so I let her use mine...it too was a kodak. Now I have a samsung, I wanted something for DH to take to California and also something lighter than my nikon to carry around. I have some issues with the focus but it was only like $100. I like the fact it has an internal battery so it charges like a cell phone. I am a kodak lover and I know some dont like them but I do. A lot of people like the point and shoot Nikons but I have no experience with them.

alayna04
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:04 AM

so is 500.00 an ok price for a camera, my hubby really likes a slr cmera that comes with a lense and its by nikon. the price on sale is 400.00 and he said its an aweome deal but I see cameras at wal mart for like 50.00 and I just dont see why such a huge price tag on the other camera.

our3
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:05 AM

I purchased a Nikon Coolpix 3200 for DD, you can find it used but in mint condition for around $30. The camera takes awesom pics and video with sound, the only downer is that it has a very small memory without a card but you can get a memory card for like $8. It takes much better pics and has more options that my camera that cost over $100. Heres a pic and link

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Coolpix-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B0001AU6H6

alayna04
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:07 AM

I dont know really want im looking for I guess to me if it takes a picture its good enough but my hubby doesnt ee it that way he has been searching and searching for the perfect camera for him but the price tags are blinding to me

butterflyamiga
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:10 AM
Kodack has some really good ones for reasonable price I was just looking at some on Walmart.com they had some nice ones for less than $100 dollars and some came with cases & rechargable batteries
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)