Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

are you for real??

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:38 AM
  • 9 Replies

My DH is the manager at an auto parts store. He has 1 employee that was there before him. An asst manager that he hired right after he took the store and a driver he hired about a year ago. Thats the oldest ones there. Everyone else has come and gone and 90% are gone for one reason...stealing!! Even the guy we rented our upstairs to for almost 5 months!! DH cant outright fire someone for stealing which is so stupid, his company policy is to let the auditor handle it...she sucks by the way. 

So this girl he hired last year was in her late 30's, I never really liked her, some of her stories were too out there for me. I just got the vibe she was full of crap and an attention w#ore.  About 3 months ago money starting missing from her drawer as well as another guys. Well the other guy was finally fired like 3 weeks ago after it was proven he was stealing. So this girl started having parts come up missing. She'd order them and theyd disappear (she was selling them for cheap and pocketing the money) so the auditor came in and did NOTHING. Well the week after Christmas DH let her borrow $100 to keep her electricity on, he felt bad for her. Thats just how he is. She had 2 teenage kids at home, her dad wouldnt let her borrow the money etc. It was a few days after Christmas etc. I wasnt very happy with it but hey maybe that was selfish. So a week later she paid DH back, that very night her drawer came up $90 short <eyeroll> guess she got her money back

So after last week the auditor did nothing Dhs asst. manager had enough and when she came in he told her "unless you want to go out of here in handcuffs and you're little boyfriend get in trouble too for taking stolen parts I suggest you quit" thats one way to handle a problem. DH had a conference Sun-yesterday in Nashville and last night he said he had a text to show me, it was from her..asking to borrow money since her power was about to be cut off...are you FREAKING kidding me?!?! Really?????

Does she honestly think after she steals from him and it gets proven that she did it that he would still be nice enough to loan her money?? Umm we have 3 kids to take care of, you have a supposed "boyfriend" and all these "friends" you speak of with money yet you text my DH?? lol Dh is a super nice guy, will do anything for anyone but that goes a bit far. People never cease to amaze me. My DH is a great boss, very understanding and it just seems like everyone wants to screw him over :o/

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:41 AM

I can relate to you'r dh. My dh is the same way will borrow money to people. But we never get paid back ever.

Stormy6669
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:44 AM

That really sucks. I am glad they caught on to her and even more glad he didn't loan her the money!

Moms2NTwins
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:46 AM

I was shocked she paid him back, she said "cant find my wallet" when we stopped by there of course like I said she got $90 of it back in the register that night. I let my aunt borrow money and thats about it. Shes single and works for the same company Dhs does and she is so good to us and we dont hesitate to help her. 

Quoting kyledavidsmom:

I can relate to you'r dh. My dh is the same way will borrow money to people. But we never get paid back ever.

our3
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:50 AM

That sucks, I hope your DH sees she's using him now, and refuses to help.

alayna04
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:51 AM

wow some people just have no conscious

southerenmama
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Sadly more and more people are like this. No selfworth or respect. Expect everybody else to take care of them. And somehow get them too. Good for your dh for not letting her take advantage of his kind nature.                                      

good

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:54 AM

My mom is the only one we borrow money to now.

Quoting Moms2NTwins:

I was shocked she paid him back, she said "cant find my wallet" when we stopped by there of course like I said she got $90 of it back in the register that night. I let my aunt borrow money and thats about it. Shes single and works for the same company Dhs does and she is so good to us and we dont hesitate to help her. 

Quoting kyledavidsmom:

Moms2NTwins
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:55 AM

yea he laughed and said "is she mental??" he didnt even text her back

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:01 AM

I'm glad he didn't even text her back...she is definitely trying to take advantage of his good nature. Hope they let her go and soon or something..

Quoting Moms2NTwins:

yea he laughed and said "is she mental??" he didnt even text her back

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)