Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is trying to lose weight?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:48 AM
  • 19 Replies

I am!  I am 5'8 and weighed 200 lbs before my first pregnancy.  Dropped down to 191 in the month after I miscarried.  Went up to 220 when I was pregnant with my son.  Dropped down to 191 afterwards but it slowly crept back up to 200 lbs.  Went up to 230 lbs during my daughter's pregnancy.  Dropped to 185 afterwards but then I fell off the bandwagon and snuck back up to 190 lbs.  

Well, a month ago I decided enough!  I was going to end my major addiction: chocolate!  I used to eat it 2-3 times a day.  I have for probably 10 years!  So I quit cold turkey.  Decided I can only eat it once a day on weekends.

I've lost 6 lbs in a months time!  The ONLY thing I have done is cut out chocolate.  I want to zumba but everytime I start my daughter wakes up early from her nap, the phone rings, AND my son has a major emergency.  Uggh!!

Who else is trying to lose weight?  What are you doing and how is it coming?

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:57 AM

I am. I gained 60lbs with each of my children. I lost it afterwards but I haven't lost very much from preg with daughter. My weakness is sugar. Its hard to be at home too cause I want to eat all day. I have been getting low fat vanilla yogurt and putting strawberries, blueberries and kashi granola in it. It is so yummy and so good for you. My daughter likes it to so I share. I also have elliptical and I get audio books and only listen to the book while I'm using the elliptical so that when I want to hear next part of story it motivates me to use elliptical again. I have a lot to lost but I have not been doing well at it. Ecspecially since christmas. I was doing well before chirstmas then lost my motivation. My husband and I would like to start trying for another baby this summer but I would like to lose all my weight from my little one before I do.

by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:05 PM

I am trying. I go to the gym every morning I can and watching what I eat. I started using to help me keep track of everything and how much I lose or gain. I was trying for 5lbs a month and only hit 3lbs last month. My First goal weight is 200lbs by June I am at 237lbs I am 5'4" I really need to lose it.

Rayna (Pronounced Renee)

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:05 PM
I was 204 last year when I started to loose weight, this after 4 pregnancies. While nursing I got down to 140 , but between reaching my goal and weining my daughter I have packed 26#s back on in no time. Weight is such a hard issue for busy stressed out moms. I am feeling overwhelmed by it just beacause I don't want weight and food to control my life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:07 PM

I am on weight watchers right now.  I only have 11 more pounds to go before my goal weight but I have only been loosing like half a pound a week so it might take a while.  I also go to the gym a couple times a week.  I do like weight watchers though.  It makes everything organized.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM

I am. I am trying to lose about 30-35 lbs. I am trying to watch what I am eating and working out about 5 days a week. Last month I lost about 5 lbs but I didn't do as well with my eating and working out as I planned on to. This month is off to a rocky start too.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:16 PM
I am... like most I have had misscarriages... given birth, even surgeries.... started a year ago at 255... got to 190 now 215, my goal is 150 but that's so I can afford to gain a few pounds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:19 PM

I am. I'm 5' 11 "  and it has allways been an issue for me before i had my first kid I was 175lb when I look at those pics I think i look anarexic I am now 230lb after 4 kids. I bought the wall-mart version of the that are supposed to help your butt and leg mussels and the added benafit is the realigne your posture and it makes me more awhare of how lax my somach mussels are so I finde my self holding it in more lol but it also gave me the push to start walking and trying to work out more. I just started all of this and am adding other changes slowley I will let ya know how it works!!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:49 PM

I started my diet the Saturday before Christmas. I bought the Biggest Loser for our Wii and love it. I exercise to this 4-5x/week and watch what I eat. So far I've lost 13# and 6+ inches. I've used phentermine and lost the weight before and lost it quickly- 40# but I gained it back when I got under a little stress. I'm determined to lose it again and keep it off.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:00 PM

I started the 30 Day Shred ( Jillian Michaels) and OMG she kicks your butt! I have been doing it for 9 days and feel alot better but haven't seen results for weight yet but have maintained my weight. I have cut out caffeine.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:06 PM

YES! I was 125 before my youngest & was at 155 when I delivered him. Didnt even realize but found myself back to 155 & so a month ago decided to do something. I got the Golds Gym Dance Workout for the Wii & I LOVE it!! Im also doing Slim fast..2 shakes a day & a good dinner. I cut out soda & fast food. Yesterday was 1 month & Ive lost 10lbs. Its hard not to  snack when your are home all day but Im trying... We need to motivate each other

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)