Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can someone help me out here on a Vday card question for daughter's Classmates?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:25 PM
  • 15 Replies

thank you

so my first child (3 years old) is having her first vday party at school and we are to bring in Valentines for everyone...well i havent purchased these since the 80's and so i bought 2 boxes of them....

our intentions were to come home and decorate the envelopes and make a day of it....

well i open the boxes and was baffled....When did vday cards become 2 inches big and no envelopes???????????

there is pretty much enough room for me to write the names of her classmates on it....that is NO fun for her....and the kids just gets a picture of Mickey mouse or Olivia...

is this how all vday cards for classmates have become in the last 20 years or should i have looked at a bunch of stores til i found good ones (which seems crazy and timely for this type of thing)

Thanks...abit of a rambling vent!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmyG1976
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:27 PM

thats how they have been mainly now for a few years. my oldest had the good ones in like kindergarden and first grade. (she is 15)  you can search around and still find some good ones. hard though as for the most part NO envelopes and just little cards u fold in 1/2 and write the name on a very small area :( really sucks for the little kids since they cant write that little. i hate them too.

MarigoldsMama
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:31 PM

That is so funny. I had the exact same reaction. :(

My solution for my pre-schooler was to print her name / classmates name on mini-address labels (the return address type) so at least she could practice tracing her name (small) and then put the sticker labels on.

I went to 3 different stores looking for the Valentines I remember giving!

Crystallynn
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:36 PM

most of them are like that now days..... I bought some for my son that fold up around a little pkg of sweet tart candies

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:38 PM

That's how most of them were when I was little too but I am one of the youngest in the group I am sure (turned 30 Jan 7).  The good ones had candy with them but it was VERY rare to get any with an envelope.

samsbaby78
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:39 PM

that is just how they are now. i haven't seen any other type although there might be somewhere to get nice ones.

PureSoul
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:44 PM
I got good ones from Walmart. They cost more but they are real cars that fold with a picture & words inside- out, with envelopes. I think they come 6 in a pack for $5
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
preggos2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:48 PM

wow, this is soo disappointing to hear....i think we'll be doing homemade or ordering  better ones online somewhere for next year....just so she can have fun since she loves crafts

we have all these stamps and stickers and glitter glue and we were going to go to town on them! oh well

preggos2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:49 PM

awwww..darn! i was just at walmart yesterday and didnt look! good to know!  ty

Quoting PureSoul:

I got good ones from Walmart. They cost more but they are real cars that fold with a picture & words inside- out, with envelopes. I think they come 6 in a pack for $5

Nettamomma
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Same here at least the ones I got had little heart stickers to tape them shut with.

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:55 PM
My kiddo made her own with craft paper, paper doilies, glitter glue and then stuck a chocolate heart on the front. Then printed a little note and glued it to the back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)