Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Phony profiles and fake mommies

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:30 PM
  • 41 Replies

About 6 months ago when I was pregnant with my twins a woman sent me a friend request. She said she was pregnant with triplets. I thought very cool and we chatted threw IMs. In September I noticed that she had her twins at 34 weeks. She didn't go into detail about how they were doing. She just said she was happy to have them. Well I got busy and didn't visit the site for several weeks.  Then in December I saw she had posted that her triplets died on xmas day. She never went into detail about why they died. Then in January she contacted me and told she was pregnant again. She also mentioned her sister was pregnant with triplets.

I also I noticed we had a friend in common who lost twins in July. She documented her experience on this site. Her profile was viewed over a thousand times. I started to wonder if this other friend didn't make up her whole story for attention. Part of me feels bad. What if she really did go threw all that heartache, but another part me thinks it's cruel and sick to make a story about infant death for attention. Has anyone else come across a fake profile?

Rebecca

Proud mommy of twins, Nicholas and Caroline

baby boybaby girl

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sheri305
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Yep,several.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:33 PM

yes I have and the sad part is they ruin it for others.  Sometimes it's like you have to prove yourself to be taken seriously around here :(

615amy09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:33 PM
Idk...not that I know of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Yes, I have seen some.  It makes you wonder why people go to such lengths to come up with this stuff?

missliss_sc
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:35 PM

That's lame.  Why go through all that? 

2rays0fsun
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:35 PM

yes a few times. the other day i was wondering if certain "moms" even had kids at all.

Chymerra
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Several.

our3
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Ya, I've come across a few fakes. If the post seems weird or iffy, I'll check out the profile, before I respond. I've also met a lady (or man) once that even posted pics of their supposed baby to find out it was someone else and that someone else happen to be in the group.

caramelmom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:37 PM
I have come across a few fake profiles in my time! Scary stuff!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ericha7
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:37 PM

yes i have pretty recently.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)