Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

birth stories!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:31 PM
  • 5 Replies

Let's hear them!!

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:53 PM
My dd's name is Delaney, she's almost 8 and was 11 lbs, 4 oz. when she was born. Had an almost pain med-free labor until I was so exhausted I needed to rest. Then I got an epidural, she was stuck and I had a c-section 36 hours after labor started.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southerenmama
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:04 PM

My sixth baby (daughter Anna) was so fast, She didn't even wait for the doctor. The nurse said I was ready and she called the doctor to come down. I was on the 4th floor his office was on the 7th. I told her I needed to push. "Go ahead. let's start moving that baby down". Not even a full push, and there she was. Bed was still together. Nothing was ready for her. By the time the doctor got there. I was cleaned up, baby was cleaned up,  weighed, measured, wraped up for warmth.  He walked in and the nurse laugh. "We don't need you no more".  lol

soymujer
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:23 PM

For my oldest, I was in the hospital for a stress test as he was a week and half late.  I was having strong contractions then.  The doctor sent me home anyway and the nurses didn't understand why.  I lived 30 minutes away from the hospital.  My grandma came home on her lunch hour from work at 5 p.m. and saw me concentrating on the time.  She called the doctor and then called into work and took me to the hospital.  This was at 7 pm.  At 11 pm, the contractions just stopped.  They gave me 3 options.  I took the last which was take a sleeping pill and try again in the morning as I was so tired.  Well, about the time they were going to give me the pill, the contractions started up again.  He finally made his debut at 3:53 a.m.  I think if they would have broke my water way before the time they did, he would have showed up sooner.

family in the van   Mom of four

rebeccasmly
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:38 PM

My 1st- I started labor when I was only 6.5 months along. I was hospitalized and had to take meds once I got out but the meds still didn't work and my dose kept increasing. At 36 weeks, I was taken off the meds and he was born at 37 weeks. I was only in labor for an hour and half.

My 2nd- Never had preterm labor with him but at 35 weeks, I woke up having full contractions. A couple hrs later they went away so I figured it was a false alarm. A few hrs later As I (TMI) was going to the restroom, the contractions returned full force and we left for the hospital immediately. By the time we made it to the hospital, 5 minutes away, I could feel his head pressing down and could hardly walk. The nurse refused to listen to me and ordered an ultrasound. She told me my baby wasn't coming because it was too early. She decided to exam me while waiting for the portable u/s machine to arrive and moved me directly to a delivery room. She could see his head.

3rd baby- I never felt contractions for him, even though I started having back labor with him abour 34 weeks. Once again on meds. 2 weeks after I was taken off the meds he was born. Still couldn't feel the contractions but had severe back aches. Finally I started to feel the contractions and he was born 15 minutes later.

4th baby- I went into labor at 37 weeks. He was the hardest delivery but my smallest baby. (I know odd because I had a preemie but he was a little one and still is a little one 5 yrs later). I did not dilate correctly with him even though I was having contractions right on top of each other. The nurse was starting to get concerned and said she'll talk to my doctor if things didn't improve. A few minutes later I had my dh call her in because I was feeling the urge to push. I went from being 5 to a 9 in minutes. My doctor barely had time to make it to my room. My labor was the longest with him, about 4 hrs.

jenmatt451
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:11 PM

With my oldest son, I went in for a NST and the nurse came in after a few minutes and said "you had a contraction that your baby didn't like".  I said "no I didn't, I haven't felt a thing."  She proceeds to show me the little strip of where I had a contraction and where his heartrate dropped low.  She called my doctor who told her to check me.  She did and I was at a 4 and 85% effaced.  She called him back and he said to admit me and since I wasn't feeling anything to give me pitocin to make them stronger and consistent.  He also told her that since I was already at a 4 that I could have the epidural whenever I wanted.  I think I felt like 6 contractions after the pitocin before I weinered out and got the epidural.  He was born after 10 hours of labor in just 3 pushes.

With the twins; I awoke one night around 3:30 because my stomach was hard as a rock.  No pain, just the tightness.  I thought it was just a Braxton Hicks contraction and tried to go back to sleep.  Five minutes later, there was another one.  Again, no pain, just the tightness.  I had already been to the hospital a few weeks before with very painful contractions but was told they were just Braxton Hicks and to go back home.  So, I thought these were just nothing considering there was no pain.  After 2 hours of the tightening, I decided to wake my hubby up and go get checked out; still not thinking that I was really in labor.  We took our sweet time getting my oldest up, calling my mom to see if she could take him to school, taking showers and getting dressed and didn't make it to the hospital until around 7:30am.  My stomach was still getting tight, but there was still no pain.  They got the monitors on me and said that they couldn't detect any contractions.  They found my daughter's heartbeat no problem but struggled to keep my son on the monitor (he was a wiggler).  So, she decided to go ahead and check me and then go back to finding him again.  She checked me and says "oh, oh my God!  You are dilated to a 6 maybe 7 and almost completely effaced.  Looks like we are having babies today."  I freaked out.  I seriously didn't think I was in labor; but apparently I was.  Everything else happened so fast.  They took me from triage to a LD room.  Gave me a sonogram to see their positions.  My doctor showed up and asked how we wanted to deliver.  (Baby A was breech and Baby B was transverse).  He was willing to go vaginal, but I was worried about getting Baby B turned in time and winding up with a c-section and a sore you know what, so I opted for the c-section.  I slept through most of the c-section because of the spinal and don't really remember anything of their birth, but they were born at 10:44am and 10:46am.

I think it's funny that I have three kids and really still don't know what true labor feels like.  And I never will; got my tubes tied after the twins were born!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)