Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The most moving thing you've seen

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:59 PM
  • 3 Replies

What is the most moving (emotionally) thing you have seen recently?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
2rays0fsun
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:07 PM

I watched a documentary about children growing up around violence (like war zones) and how they are affected. It also showed children from a daycare/school (? not sure) at ground zero in NYC. The parents were talking about 9/11 and how their children were impacted by witnessing it.  very hard to watch.... very sad :((

TableforSeven
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:09 PM

On the first night on our trip to Israel last week we saw something that brought tears to my eyes.

It was night-time and rainy but we went to the Kotel (the Western Wall)....closest place that Jews can go today to where the Temple once stood (and will again one day).
Anyway - there were plenty of people milling around - despite the rain - including a group of IDF Soldiers (Israel Defense Force).  Soldiers are a common sight all over Israel...esepcially in Jerusalem.

As the soldiers were preparing to leave the area - they all got in formation and stood in the plaza near the Kotel where there is a flagpole flying the Israeli flag (naturally).

As they stood there they sang HaTikvah - the Israeli national anthem.  Everyone in the area stopped dead in their tracks and joined in.  No one cared that they were standing in the pouring rain.....at that moment - all that mattered to any of us was that we are all a part of Israel.

It was a very emotional moment for me....even thinking about it now is making me tear-up.

NearSeattleMom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I can't think of anything . . . I am seriously losing my short-term memory!  ;)  But here's a BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)