Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ebay

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:08 PM
  • 7 Replies

Do you use it?  

Mommy to my angel baby (miscarried 6/21/06 at 10 weeks), Jason Josiah (born 6/6/07) who is always pushing to be the best he can be, and my VBAC baby who tested my patience to no end by being 15 days late Delaney Abygail Grace (born 4/19/10)

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:08 PM

I don't!  I find that a lot of people on there pay OVER retail for something that is used!  For example, my SIL knew I wanted a certain tutu for my daughter's birthday.  She e-mailed me and told me she found it on E-bay for "only" $26 plus $6 shipping.  Ummm... it was $30 in the expensive store I found it at and amazon had it for $22 and free shipping!  Apparently she thought I shouldn't count shipping as part of the cost I was paying for it though!

lalasmama2007
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:09 PM

I have in the past to find craft items.  I haven't used it in years though.  I actually got some stuff dirt cheap off of there.

TableforSeven
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Yes - I sell on it fairly frequently (though I'm taking a break right now from it).  Most of the stuff I sell is OLD stuff that my mother kept in the attic...I helped my father clean the attic and found vintage toys from the 70s...all in nearly-perfect condition - etc.  It has been awesome.

I did -buy- one thing on there also....something DD#1 wanted for Hanukkah that no stores here had....got a great deal on it (it is a special knife...she collects knives - oh, and she's 18).

Annacka
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:16 PM

I use it lots of the time when I need something for my sons. Last week I bought a ski bib for my toddler and it was only $6. I almost always know what the retail is before I go looking for stuff

2rays0fsun
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Yes pretty often. But I'll always check retail and make sure the total (+shipping) on ebay is really saving me money. most of the best deals I find are "buy it now" not by bidding against ppl, and I also look for high ratings on the seller.

twinnmom222
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:24 PM
Yes, I buy and sell.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:29 PM

I do. I used to buy and sell on there all the time. Now, I just buy. I got a box of baby clothes once for $12.00. Everything was in excellent condition and there was a total of 32 items.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)