Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont get this..on almost ALL tv shows, the wives never...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:28 PM
  • 29 Replies

Want to have sex with their husbands. And I also have friends who are like this too. Its COMPLETE OPPOSITE in my house...my SO hardly ever is in the mood but I seem to be all the time. Maybe I just want it more cze he always turns me down..but its very frustrating.

Is tv & my friends the norm? Why is this? I feel for husbands who are lucky to get it once a month or even less? Not bashing..I fully understand sex drive lowers afters babies but just curious how accurate all these tv shows actually are?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
monshine2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Life imitates art or visa verse... I'm sure it's pretty close to reality in some cases.

LoGaNsMOM0619
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:42 PM

If thats reality in most homes, I think its sad. Its not just the sex, I miss the intimacy with my SO. We have sometimes gone 2-3 months. And he isnt affectionate at all so its hard...

Quoting monshine2:

Life imitates art or visa verse... I'm sure it's pretty close to reality in some cases.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:47 PM

not true here

suziq1982
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:48 PM

My husband and I have equal sex drives. We both love having sex with each other as often as we can.

jjchick75
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:50 PM

It depends for us. Most of the time though I want it and he doesn't lol! He works really hard and long hours. We are talking 17-18 hour days 6 days a week! So he never wants to do anything but eat and sleep when he is home. I understand and don't put the issue too much!

Jodstar30
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:51 PM
My sex drive is minimal but I think it has a large part to do with him not being affectionate unless he wants a piece
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2rays0fsun
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:57 PM

not here, we both have similar sex drive. our norm is sex at least once a night. if we're too tired we get intimate in other ways.

LoGaNsMOM0619
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Thanks ladies! Just got my curious as I was watching Everyone Loves Raymond & the joke was she never is in the mood. And got me to thinking that, the same "joke" is used on many family sitcoms.

Yes, my SO also works long hours so I dont push too much either but  it bothers me. He insists that he is still attracted to me but just says hes not a horny teenager anymore. LOL

Lisasmommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:58 PM

We're both hornballs. Which is great. Before I was preggo we were bunnies usually more than once a day. Hope to get back into that routine at some point, lol! I think TV shows are depicting a lot of dysfunction for entertainment purposes. Not all husbands are dumb and selfish like Homer Simpson, lol! And not all wives are uncomfortable with a healthy sex life. I've found that my sex life is a good temperature gauge for our relationship. If there's unresolved tension or someone's needs aren't met, there is little to no sex. If we're both fulfilled emotionally, then there is a lot of it!

LoGaNsMOM0619
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Im so jealous...LOL LOL Good for you guys tho...

Quoting 2rays0fsun:

not here, we both have similar sex drive. our norm is sex at least once a night. if we're too tired we get intimate in other ways.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)