Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are some girls just born to wear make-up?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:04 PM
  • 6 Replies

My daughter is 3 1/2 years old. Lately she's been using a (clean)paintbrush to "paint" her face or have me do it for her. Then today she got the idea to use markers to paint her toenails.

In her entire life she has NEVER once seen me or any other female put on make-up or paint thier nails. She's seen women with make-up and painted nails though.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
2rays0fsun
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:06 PM

hmm. maybe. My dd does that too (she is 4) but I thought it was from imitating me. I've seen her "painting" her face, she'll sneak a cotton ball and pretend to apply something to her eyes.

our3
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Thats funny.  I know what you mean though. My oldest could care less about make-up but does like bright crazy nail polish and if it glows even better. Now my youngest DD is really prissy and loves dresses, make up, and pretty pink or red nail polish. I dont wear makeup at all but my little DD is so girly.

sdgd21
by Diana on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:08 PM
I'm not sure, but it sound very cute
caramelmom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:10 PM
I think some girls are just born ultra feminine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lisasmommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Maybe she's seeing it on TV or something? There are some toys out there for kids a little older to practice their makeup and hairstyling. My friend's daughter has a large doll head that has makeup that will change color with warm or cold water.

bbwplus1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:17 PM

I rarely wear makeup. My daughter was born with beautiful, long eyelashes and I decided to put makeup on her when she was 1. She loved it and stayed perfectly still the whole time. She is almost 4 and still wears makeup any time she gets the chance. She was born to wear makeup.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)