Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Terrible 2's

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:16 PM
  • 17 Replies
Anyone have any advice on what to do with a terrible 2 year old boy he hits, throws things, barely eats and will not listen. This mama is going badonkers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenmatt451
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:18 PM

I don't have any advice, but need some as well.  My 2 year old twins are driving my banannas!  Yesterday was the absolute worst day they have ever had and I seriously thought I was going to have to call someone to come over so I could leave.

2rays0fsun
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:19 PM

what form of discipline do you use now? I would say being very consistent with the discipline is important... once he knows something is a "no no", if he does it take him straight to time out (or spanking or whatever it is). no warnings, no second chances. do it every time he breaks a "rule."

goorob
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Enjoy it while you can before he hits the treacherous 3's or the F- You 4's ;)

sdgd21
by Diana on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:27 PM
1watch supper nanny, she helps.
2 I'd pin my boys arms to the side and hold them until they calm down. Also grabbing the ears helped.
3 this is them testing their boundaries let them know what is not okay, a terrible 2 will turn 3 and get worse. I believe a few swats on the bottom is ay okay WHEN NEEDED. I've only had to do this a few times with my boys...I have 4.
And remember if he'll hit you at 2 and u don't stop it, he'll do it when he's bigger than u.
sdgd21
by Diana on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:28 PM
Quoting goorob:

Enjoy it while you can before he hits the treacherous 3's or the F- You 4's ;)

Haha! Funny
CaitLilGav
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:29 PM
I'm in the middle of the momma can't be right fives and looking forward to the start of the estrogen forming years before she gets her period. I don't think there really is a great age, except the age they have their own to torture them!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jodstar30
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:40 PM
Omg me 2 yesterday and today.

Quoting jenmatt451:

I don't have any advice, but need some as well.  My 2 year old twins are driving my banannas!  Yesterday was the absolute worst day they have ever had and I seriously thought I was going to have to call someone to come over so I could leave.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennyMarie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:41 PM

I always tried to have a time out spot with mine

goorob

Yeah, I had someone tell me they were the fabulous 5's, nope.  I have a 5 1/2 year old and I'd call them the F You harder 5's or  We throw better tantrum 5's or Fighting 5's or something....waiting to see what 6 has in store and I'm betting it doesn't involve "sweet" or "simple", "sadistic" or "sarcastic" is probably gonna be closer...

See, now don't you feel better about your 2 year old :)

Quoting CaitLilGav:

I'm in the middle of the momma can't be right fives and looking forward to the start of the estrogen forming years before she gets her period. I don't think there really is a great age, except the age they have their own to torture them!!!

clockKelly

Jodstar30
I do time outs n swats on the butt. I've also been giving him 2 chances n taking things away.

Quoting 2rays0fsun:

what form of discipline do you use now? I would say being very consistent with the discipline is important... once he knows something is a "no no", if he does it take him straight to time out (or spanking or whatever it is). no warnings, no second chances. do it every time he breaks a "rule."

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)