Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Global Warming

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:56 PM
  • 44 Replies

Do you think it's real?  If yes, do you think we can stop the effects?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stormy6669
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:57 PM

I don't.

sdgd21
by Diana on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:06 AM
Yeah...I do, we can stop some.
Moms2NTwins
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Im torn. Honestly for me it just seems like the earth is going through the cycles, as it has always done. But I am no scientist. 

chunkyhoney78
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:30 AM

I think it is. We have already damaged the earth there is no turning back the clock now whats done is done. We can stop adding to it that's about all the control we have in the matter.

NearSeattleMom
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 2:34 AM

I think global warming is a fact (though don't you wonder this year with all the blizzards and snow?) but I'm not so sure it's man-made or that we can change it.

AnnieMcD
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 2:52 AM

It does happen in cycles, and no scientist will contest that. The point is that humanity is making it happen more quickly than it normally would. "Global Warming" or the correct term of "Global Climate Change" is all about man made things having an adverse effect on the natural cycles.

Quoting Moms2NTwins:

Im torn. Honestly for me it just seems like the earth is going through the cycles, as it has always done. But I am no scientist. 

PureSoul
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 4:02 AM
Agreed.

Quoting chunkyhoney78:

I think it is. We have already damaged the earth there is no turning back the clock now whats done is done. We can stop adding to it that's about all the control we have in the matter.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PureSoul
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 4:07 AM
The fact that Florida can get down to 10 degrees, we gave seen make flakes even though it didn't stick... Georgia became a iceskating rink... all if the southern states were hit with snow... whales washing up on Jax beach dead. That migrated here from southern Florida for the winter... um yeah its real. And I don't feel they created the storms, sorry but I don't
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jodi_A
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 6:10 AM

I believe global warming is happening.  I believe that we didn't cause it, but we did speed it up.  I believe it's a natural cycle of the earth.  I believe that it's happened before.  I also believe that global warming is a slow process, so the weather THIS YEAR isn't an indicator of a bigger, slower building problem.  Huge changes like evolution and global things don't happen overnight.  I believe that past warming cycles of the earth were preceded by ice ages - mini ice ages like in the 80s in Europe and the 60s.  I believe if we try, we can slow it down but I don't believe we can stop it.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 10, 2011 at 6:15 AM

Quoting AnnieMcD:

It does happen in cycles, and no scientist will contest that. The point is that humanity is making it happen more quickly than it normally would. "Global Warming" or the correct term of "Global Climate Change" is all about man made things having an adverse effect on the natural cycles.

I do believe it and this is pretty much what I was going to say.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)