Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long were you

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:56 AM
  • 38 Replies
together with your DH/SO before you moved in together? If you could do it over again, would you have moved in earlier or later in the relationship?
We were together for only about a year before I moved in with Rob. And if I did it over again I'd have waited longer. Only because of how I moved out; Rob didn't get along with my mother at all and they had a huge argument before I left. I was caught in the middle unfortunately. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anetrnlov
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:58 AM

We got together Feb.5 and he moved in sometime in May....it would have been sooner but we had to wait for his job transfer to go through.

If we had our way he would have moved in immediately.

alayna04
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:59 AM

well we were together for about 3 months before he moved in with me but we had dated for years previous to this so it wasnt really like we were moving to fast. we were on again off again for 4 years before that so it was easy to move in and live with each other.

Dannille33
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:09 AM
3 yrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:13 AM

Our situation is a bit different....
We dated for a month before getting engaged.  Then after 4 months I moved in with him and his parents....I had my own room - did not 'move in' with DH in any way.  A month later we eloped and he moved into my room at the house - we lived with his parents for 18 of our first 24 months married (for 6 months in there we shared an apartment with BIL)....like I said - our situation is a bit 'different'. 

Vix920
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:15 AM

We were together for a little over 2 years before we moved in. I have a no-living-with-boyfriends rule, so we were not living together until we got engaged.

NursyLori
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:19 AM

I didn't move in with DH until the day we got married which was a little over a year and a half after we met.

Lisasmommy
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:19 AM

3 years

baby1love
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:21 AM

3 months! I was 19 and he was 22 my mom was ready for me to get out of the house!!

Strega
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:27 AM

We were together for about a year before we got our first place. Married a year later.

wedding website

lisakansas
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:30 AM

About a year

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)