Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you a people pleaser?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:27 PM
  • 27 Replies

Do you worry too much what people think of you?

This is me in a nut shell...lol

So, help me think of ways I can stop worrying so darn much what everyone thinks!!

peeking

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:33 PM

I am the same way as you.

owensmom34
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:34 PM

I wish I could be more like my husband...he doesn't care all that much one way or other and wonders why I think so much about a subject...lol

Quoting kyledavidsmom:

I am the same way as you.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Nah...I don't worry much anymore...

Strega
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Definitely not. I do what I do. People either like it or they don't. I stopped worrying and trying to please everyone decades ago.

wedding website

sheri305
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Lol,no I'm not a people pleaser.But I am conscience of other people's feeling,and try to respect their opinion.I think the best way to over come it is to just stop,cold turkey.Its too emotionally draining to try to please everyone all the time,plus,everyone isn't gonna be pleased all the time anyway.Kwim.

Flaca43
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Yes...so much!

owensmom34
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Thanks...great advice!  The truth is I don't know what people are thinking all the time either...so why should I care, right?

Quoting sheri305:

Lol,no I'm not a people pleaser.But I am conscience of other people's feeling,and try to respect their opinion.I think the best way to over come it is to just stop,cold turkey.Its too emotionally draining to try to please everyone all the time,plus,everyone isn't gonna be pleased all the time anyway.Kwim.

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:20 PM

I could give a f**K what other's think of me.  I say what is on my mind but I try not to be rude about it all the time.  I do respect other people's feelings.

yourpassion
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Quoting aneela:

Nah...I don't worry much anymore...

i use to until about 6 yrs ago.  now i don't.

owensmom34
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:21 PM

I wish I was more like this...  :)

Quoting offrdngal:

I could give a f**K what other's think of me.  I say what is on my mind but I try not to be rude about it all the time.  I do respect other people's feelings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)