Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

48 hours is all it took

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:14 PM
  • 6 Replies

We all know that Borders declared bankruptcy last week.  The day after - I got an email from the company (since I'm in the Rewards program) saying that this was just about 'restructuring' and that stores would remain open...the website would work as usual....blah blah blah.

Not 48 hours later a second email was sent saying our local store is closing....they already started the closing-sale yesterday (the email was sent yesterday morning - I saw it last night when I checked my email).

Yeah....sounds like 'business as usual' to me.  :-(

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kerijeanbean
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:16 PM

We have had 4 majors store close in the last couple of weeks here.  I am so bummed to see that.  It isn't just Borders that is having problems  with this economy and I am so sick of listening to our stupid government saying the recession is over.

lalasmama2007
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Yeah, I got the same emails.  The store closest to us isn't closing, but the one that was our favorite is.  Their liquidation sale started yesterday as well =(

sweetsurprise13
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:22 PM

i know right?  

nazmom2be
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:22 PM
Yeah if the recession is over then why am I eating ground turkey instead of ground beef? It might be better for you but it doesn't taste the same!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:31 PM

We had a couple here close too.

Quoting kerijeanbean:

We have had 4 majors store close in the last couple of weeks here.  I am so bummed to see that.  It isn't just Borders that is having problems  with this economy and I am so sick of listening to our stupid government saying the recession is over.

TableforSeven
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:41 PM

I LOVE ground turkey!  I've always found it to be more expensive than beef though.

Quoting nazmom2be:

Yeah if the recession is over then why am I eating ground turkey instead of ground beef? It might be better for you but it doesn't taste the same!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)