Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What will you plant this spring?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:41 PM
  • 9 Replies

Or will you be planting at all?

Any tips on how I could get started on having a little garden of my own to plant veggies. 

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mcginnisc
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:44 PM

I am so ready to plant my garden!

Broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, pole beans, zucchini, squash, eggplant, poblano peppers, mini bell peppers, jalapenos, tomatoes ( regular and cherry), onions, scallions, mesculun, thyme, rosemary, sage, parsley, cilantro, chives, basil, oregano, strawberries......too much in other words!

claire

owensmom34
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:45 PM

I've never planted anything before (besides flowers and tomatoes in pots) so can you give me tips or good books to read?

Quoting mcginnisc:

I am so ready to plant my garden!

Broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, pole beans, zucchini, squash, eggplant, poblano peppers, mini bell peppers, jalapenos, tomatoes ( regular and cherry), onions, scallions, mesculun, thyme, rosemary, sage, parsley, cilantro, chives, basil, oregano, strawberries......too much in other words!

claire

MixedCooke
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:50 PM

habanero pepper, green peppers and cucumbers

owensmom34
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:51 PM

I'm staying away from those hot peppers...lol but I love green peppers and cucumbers

Quoting MixedCooke:

habanero pepper, green peppers and cucumbers

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:53 PM

I never plant anything.  We're renting our house and there are 5 peach trees in the back yard...we had a heck of a time keeping up with them and getting rid of all of the peaches. I need to learn how to do canning.

owensmom34
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:57 PM

yum...peaches!  I've never canned either.

Quoting offrdngal:

I never plant anything.  We're renting our house and there are 5 peach trees in the back yard...we had a heck of a time keeping up with them and getting rid of all of the peaches. I need to learn how to do canning.

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Funny thing is, no one in our family eats peaches.

Quoting owensmom34:

yum...peaches!  I've never canned either.

Quoting offrdngal:

lalasmama2007
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:51 PM

We're going to try to have a small garden this year.  This will be our first year doing it.  We want to have cucumbers, zucchini, eggplant, squash, peppers and maybe a few others.

lalasmama2007
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Oh, and I just heard from my Mom that my Dad bought us a pear tree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)