Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Weird hospital stories? Crazy nurse or doctor?

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 3:46 PM
  • 11 Replies

I was just watching tv & they were talking about weird/random things that happened in the hospital. Mine came to mind & so I had to share...

When I was in the hospital after having my youngest...I was in for 3 days so I had the same day & night nurses. Well, my night nurse was an older woman..the first night, when she came in to check me & said " well looks like you got your sexy underwear back on" - jason had brought me some boy shorts & they were black lace. Not trying to be sexy, obviously, 6hrs after giving birth but they were thick & honestly the most comfy at the time. I thought was weird, but let it go.

Next night, same nurse. back to check me & this time says " oh, youre a natural redhaed". I looked at jason & she left. I asked him if he heard that & he said yeah. It didnt hit me at first but I soon realized her comment was based on the color of my hair "down there".

Crazy right??? I told everyone this story & everyone agreed that this nurse was nuts!! Luckily, I left the next afternoon....

Anybody else have crazy nurses or doctors?

by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetberrymommy
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 3:47 PM

BUMP!

URHonor
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 3:52 PM

i had the bitch from the birth certificate office scream and yell at me the morning i was getting discharged to "hurry up and pick a name" and after i told her once that we were just deciding on a middle name....she went away and came back with a baby name book and threw it at me on my bed! i told her "you stupid fucking bitch-don't do that!" i threw the book back and demanded that she not come back into the room and then i had the nurse call security. some official lady came in to apologize.

mariesmama
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2011 at 5:01 PM

when i triewd to breastfeed one of the nurses mind you my daughter was latching on fine and everything told me i was doing everything wrong and when i tryed to do it like she said my daughter trew a fit she was a botlle baby

NearSeattleMom
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 7:37 PM

No . . . I was lucky enough to give birth at home both times.  :)

kerijeanbean
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 8:11 PM

I was in a car accident when I was 16.  I was watching TV at like 3 in the morning.  The night nurse came in and started talking to my mom.  She said something like the TVs are for the patients and you really should let you daughter sleep.  I turned to her told her that not only was my mom asleep, but that she had her good ear to the pillow and couldn't hear anything she was saying.  She then informed me that the TV was going off and I needed to go to sleep.  I had been sleeping most of the day.  She did her thing turned off the TV and left.  I turned it back on after I was sure she was gone.

haysmum
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Many moons ago while in labor, stirrups and all in walks my dad.  And I shoo him away (obviously).  The nurse recognizes him from H.S. and they have a grand conversation with me just 'hangin' out'

Lovely, huh

3kiddies4me
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Quoting LoGaNsMOM0619:

I was just watching tv & they were talking about weird/random things that happened in the hospital. Mine came to mind & so I had to share...

When I was in the hospital after having my youngest...I was in for 3 days so I had the same day & night nurses. Well, my night nurse was an older woman..the first night, when she came in to check me & said " well looks like you got your sexy underwear back on" - jason had brought me some boy shorts & they were black lace. Not trying to be sexy, obviously, 6hrs after giving birth but they were thick & honestly the most comfy at the time. I thought was weird, but let it go.

Next night, same nurse. back to check me & this time says " oh, youre a natural redhaed". I looked at jason & she left. I asked him if he heard that & he said yeah. It didnt hit me at first but I soon realized her comment was based on the color of my hair "down there".

Crazy right??? I told everyone this story & everyone agreed that this nurse was nuts!! Luckily, I left the next afternoon....

Anybody else have crazy nurses or doctors?

omg that is crazy!! people are weird, guess nurses aren't excluded LOL  

montiel
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Going in at midnight to have my second child, I walk in holding my belly having a contraction right in front of the nurse and she asks, "So why are we tonight?"  Uuuummmm....I'm having my tonsils taken out! Lol

Amybutterfly
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 8:48 PM

When I had my gallbladder taken out I had drain in because there was some fluid.  It was held in with two stiches.  Before I was discharged of course the drain had to come out.  So instead of cutting the stiches the mean male nurse I had just ripped the tube right out, ripping the stiches and everything with no warning. 

LoGaNsMOM0619
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Quoting montiel:

Going in at midnight to have my second child, I walk in holding my belly having a contraction right in front of the nurse and she asks, "So why are we tonight?"  Uuuummmm....I'm having my tonsils taken out! Lol

LOL! this happened to me too sorta..same kid, same hospital as my post. I walked in & my contraction swere about 6min apart at this time & the triage nurse asked me same thing. When I said Im in labor(duh) she totally didnt belive me, said no way you are 9 months ( i was small but obviously preggo). Then tells another nurse, "hook her up to a monitor but its prob just gas. Shes only about 6 months along. " The other nurse hooks me up & is like "uhhh shes having a contraction now & her water just broke".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN