Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

working vs sahm

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:33 PM
  • 21 Replies

what do envy about the other?

I'm a sahm and I sort of am jealous about the fact that working moms get to get away from their kids more!!  haha.  but I am happy staying at home.

sometimes I wish I had a reason to dress nice to

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1boy1girlmama
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:35 PM

I've done both and I preferred working.

As a stay at home mom (which I currently am) I envy working moms because they are able to go out into the real world! Have adult interaction, dress nice, and feel like real accomplished grown ups!! 

When I was working the thing I missed about staying home was the flexibility in my schedule. I could take the kid to the park whenever I wanted! I could go swimming in the summer whenever, I could make up my own day and wasn't rushed at night. 

They both have their ups and downs :)

sfkdny
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:37 PM

I honestly am not cut out to be a SAHM, I work full time and love it

of course, I would like more time with my kids but I focus on quality, not quantity of time.  When I am with them, we play, sing, dance, read, etc...all the things SAHM's do but I only have a few hours a day to get all that in...lol

Kimberly954
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:38 PM

I am a SAHM and miss making money.

M4LG5
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:38 PM

I'm a FTWM and i love it.  The only thing that I'm jealous about SAHMs is just having more time.....more time to help them do their homework, get dinner ready, take them to their activities, etc. 

If I can work 30 hours a week....i'd have the best of both worlds!

TableforSeven
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:48 PM

I have been a SAHM since my first child was born 18+ years ago.  Honestly - I have never wanted to be anything but a wife and mother -- and I've always known I would be a SAHM.

I have had to get a very part-time job this year to help with the cost of the younger kids' schooling....I work at their school about 2 hours per day.  I HATE it.  I have never wanted to work outside of the home...I don't enjoy having to answer to someone else's time-frame....I don't like having to "take off" when I need to do something for my family (or when I just need a day for myself).  There is NOTHING I like about working and I certainly don't envy anyone who works full-time outside of the home at all.

ToraMay
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Since when do you need a REASON to dress up nice. I'm a SAHM. You can get dressed nice just to play with your kids.

tiddliwinks
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:53 PM

I am content with my SAHM status. No envy.

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:58 PM

I have the best of both worlds. I hate staying at home because I'm suppose to do all the cleaning, cooking, folding etc since I am hom eall day.  I miss having adult conversations with other Adults who talk back and aren't on TV. I love being at home because I can get things done during the week, have dinner done at a decent hour, and I have "ME" time while kids are in school. It s crazy.

deccaf
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:59 PM

I wish I were with my baby more.

Mia81
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:02 PM

I don't miss anything about working.I can dress however i wish do my hair any color of rainbow I get to spend my entire summer playing outside with the kids i get to go to the zoo as much as we can stand.I get to study any topic i wish so i can be well versed in many subjects I absolutely love being a SAHM.I can think of anything i would envy from a working mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)