Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Own a business??

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:06 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hey mamas! I would love to be able to own a business but I have no idea what I would ever do! I thought consignment. Also I have a dog training certification but I dont really have the space to do that. I also have a finance degree. (I am all over the board!) Anyways, seeing if you had your own business and what you do. Also, how time consuming is your business?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:42 PM

I don't so here is bump for you.

melissa632
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:44 PM
I want my own bar/restaurant type thing. Nothing outrageous, just something small & friendly.

My husband has his own window tinting business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katenemsmom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:54 PM

I have a home daycare.  But, I'd love to open a childrens indoor playground.  There is one near me that is geared to kids ages 1-4 that is so neat.  

yourpassion
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:02 PM

i looked into a consignment for kids.  we met with the lady who was selling it, talked to her about the hours, etc.  but it would have taken up so much time and with the kids still little, it wouldn't have been a good fit for me.  it's probably a good thing since a year later we relocated and if we had the consigment, we couldn't have unless we sold it.

i would love to start my own business, but i, too, am all over the board. i have decided i need to wait until the kids are in school so i have free, quiet time. 

HeathersRich
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:06 PM
Me too as soon as my littleone enters kindergarten. I want tunnels lots of them and party rooms. Io have had a business plan written for years. Anyone remember Leaps & 8ounds?

Quoting Katenemsmom:

I have a home daycare.  But, I'd love to open a childrens indoor playground.  There is one near me that is geared to kids ages 1-4 that is so neat.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimberly954
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Yeah, i think I need to wait until my LO is in school. She is only a year old right now.

nangel5
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:15 PM

I own a hair salon.  Its not any more time consumeing than a regular job for me, but i'd say its much more stressful.  I have some flexability and DD comes with me to work everyday.  Although it can get tough at times I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Erin
Loving Wife to Mike since 10/04 
Adoring mama to Fiona 3/10   
  every day is "take your child to work day."CafeMom Tickers
Kimberly954
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:49 PM

My DH wants me to open a sub shop that does hot grilled subs. No one around here does that. where we used to live, we went every saturday for subs! I just have NEVER worked in a restaurant or anything so I dont think that would be ideal for me. I hope you get your bar/restaurant some day!

Quoting melissa632:

I want my own bar/restaurant type thing. Nothing outrageous, just something small & friendly.

My husband has his own window tinting business.

jlr09092006
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:54 PM
We own a campground. During the season it is VERY time consuming. I literally am only home to sleep. The off season I work between 20-30 hours a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
615amy09
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:03 PM
www.Sewtinythreads.vpweb.com. Make baby items
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)