Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wrong number

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:11 AM
  • 7 Replies

A few times last week I saw on my Caller ID a name I didn't recognise.  They never left a message - so I just ignored it.
Well - she just called again....I didn't answer since I still don't recognise the name.  This time she left a LONG message.  She apparently mis-dialed the phone number for a local home-improvement company.  She has a discount coupon she forgot to tell them about and wants that put toward her estimate.  Oh well...they'll work it out later.

My dad used that came company last summer and I know that our number is only 1 digit off from theirs so I'm not too surprised at the wrong number.  I guess I'm mostly shocked that this is the first time in the 3.5 years we've had this number that this has happened.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Crystallynn
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:12 AM

LOL- I get messages on our home phone all the time for a party supply place.  at some point they had the same number that I do now..... its ridiculous.

TableforSeven
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:22 AM

Quoting Crystallynn:

LOL- I get messages on our home phone all the time for a party supply place.  at some point they had the same number that I do now..... its ridiculous.

The man who had this number before us ran a few different businesses using this number...we've gotten calls for him the whole time we've had the number -- we still do get calls for him.  He apparently ran a security company - a phone-installation company - bought and sold limousines - and something else we can't figure out from the messages.

This is the first time we got a call for the contractors though....the lady said the name of the company that's why I know it was for them and not the guy we always get calls for.

Crystallynn
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:40 AM

LOL- We also get calls from the collection agency for Jose Vega and Shiela Vega- idk who those people are, but this has been my number for over 2 years and they dont live here.  I tell them everytime they call and the calls will stop for a month or two and then they start right back up again.

sheri305
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:46 AM

This happen to me on my cell all the time.But the weird thing is that Ive had this same number for awhile now,and still get a lot of wrong number calls.

3kiddies4me
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:48 AM

my old number was one number off from the tatoo place by my house, funny we'd get interesting calls!

TableforSeven
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Quoting Crystallynn:

LOL- We also get calls from the collection agency for Jose Vega and Shiela Vega- idk who those people are, but this has been my number for over 2 years and they dont live here.  I tell them everytime they call and the calls will stop for a month or two and then they start right back up again.

There was a woman named Stella who used to give OUR phone number to any/every company she didn't intend to pay her bills with.  We had that same phone number for over 12 years and got calls from several companies monthly about her.  They never believed that _I_ wasn't Stella and I was yelled at several times on the phone to "be honest", etc.  It was awful.  I was so thankful when Caller ID came out so I could just stop answering my phone unless it was someone I actually knew and wanted to talk to!  When we moved a few years ago - I was THRILLED to get a new number...and made sure NOT to put any forwarding/new number info on our old line.  Stella is bothering someone else now...thank G-d!

virgochild79
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:52 AM

Well, I don't answer my land line, I use it only for work so the ringer stays off and machine picks up the calls, well I keep getting calls from CPS about a case they are working and they always call to remind them of an inspection they are having and court dates but they never leave a # for me to call them back and let them know they have the wrong #, , , so I hope the people they are trying to reach has all these dates already written down! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)