Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easy recipe: Sloppy Joe Pizza

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:03 PM
  • 3 Replies

Here's my  Sloppy Joe Pizza recipe...it won't win any nutritional awards but the kids absolutely beg for it. It's made with refrigerator cresent rolls as the crust...You unroll the triangles of dough onto a jelly roll pan and squeeze the seams together. Meanwhile, ground some beef (1-1/2 lbs) and when it's done add your favorite BBQ sauce and a little water (Maybe 1/4-1/2 cup) just so it's not really thick. Then add a can or two of drained, canned corn. Mix well and spread over unbaked crust. Top with shredded cheese (I've used monterey jack, colby or cheddar) and bake at 375 for 30 minutes or so, until the crust is golden and cooked through. My kids inhale this, and it is my stand-by "no nutritional content" weeknight dinner when I am too pooped to make anything else!
 I am working on creating a homemade crust recipe that will have the same texture and lightness of the cresent rolls...something fast and easy, but healthier than the refrigerated dough...

Have a great day!
Machelle
Want "family tested, kid approved recipes?
Click HERE to get a new tried and true recipe
sent to your inbox each week!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bamababe1975
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:48 PM
Sounds great! You should share this on the food group in my siggy, too - they'd love it!

hopemommy2
by Paula on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:05 PM
I am going to try it ,thanks..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheri305
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Quoting hopemommy2:

I am going to try it ,thanks..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)