Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 14 year old niece is pregnant.

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:15 PM
  • 44 Replies
And she thinks it's going to be all peaches n creme having a baby. I'm so disappointed in her, she wants to drop out of school and be a stay at home mom. The baby's daddy is a loser and beat her when they were together, I hope she stays away from him.

Now these are my in-laws, and everyone is excited. It confuses me, I know what's done is done, but she's 14! And no one's disappointed except me? I'm guessing I'm from a completely different kind of family.

Thanks for the vent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
misskimi78
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:19 PM

I'm sure they are disappointed, but like you said, what's done is done. If her choice to keep the baby has been made, all her family can do is be supportive. I don't believe in enabling a teen mom and I hope for her sake they make her take most of the responsibility. I got pregnant at 14 as well and was kicked out of the home and was very unsupported. It's a horrible feeling. However, I have seen 1st hand with friends what can happen if you over-support a teen mom. Maybe try to have a talk with her parents or other supporting family members and make sure they are being realistic about the outcome.

AmyG1976
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:19 PM

humm sounds like my cousin she was thrilled got knocked up on purpose at (tried since around 14 one miscarrage around that time)16. the baby daddy family was all happy parting it up yea not so much her moms family... then once she discovered kids hahaha well lets she say she took off and i had the kid back and fouth with her mom for 2 years. cousin has her now(shes almost 15 so lol) the dads family is mostly dead at this point (lots of  od's think grany died shooting up on the toliet nice...) the bio dad has nothing to do with the kid anymore. it was just lovey...

eatyourveges
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:39 PM

I would be hella disappointed too.... I hope her family doesn't let her drop out of school!!!

sweetsurprise13
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:48 PM

oh wow. that is a shame but I hope her parents make sure she stays in school and learns how to  take care of her self and her baby.  there is support and sometimes too much support

hopemommy2
by Paula on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:49 PM
Well put.

Quoting sweetsurprise13:

oh wow. that is a shame but I hope her parents make sure she stays in school and learns how to  take care of her self and her baby.  there is support and sometimes too much support

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cantchacitsme
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:54 PM
Cant be a sahm unless someones paying the bills. They shoul make her take responsibilty, no dropping outta school, even take a part time job to pay for baby. If it were my daughter id babysit for the price of her in school n passing grades, shed have a weekend job to pay for basics, and shed dam well be the one doin the care if shes not at school or work, no matter what time it is. Most parents dont make the teens "man up" so to speak and actually be that babies parent. Teen preg is a major hot button of mine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs_mom2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:58 PM

It's hard enough being a thirty year old mom much less a fourteen year old mom the worst thing she could do is drop out of school. Yes it will be a struggle to get through school but it can be done and in the end she'll be thankful she stayed in.

Bean1980
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:06 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I just hope her parents help her make the right decisions, she is such a smart girl.

She just has no idea yet how hard it's going to be when that baby gets here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaddAmanda
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:18 PM

So true....

Quoting sweetsurprise13:

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:00 PM
Well said.

Quoting sweetsurprise13:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)