Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids at the Museum

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:11 PM
  • 2 Replies

My husband and I visited a free museum this weekend and I'm 4 months pregnant but couldn't stop thinking about bringing our little baby to be there :)

I had some thoughts while there though because more than not the children had the worst manners I've ever seen. I'm not talking about little toddlers hitting buttons or running in front of you but children 7 and up pushing other kids out of the way and even my husband at one time! Parents were either off looking at something themselves or near their children telling them to push in front of people!

I was literally in awe of the lack of manners from kids and parents. All I could think of was I didn't even know what to say to children who were being rude to us, what do I say when it's my little child being pushed out of the way. No one wants someone else "parenting" their child but there's no way I'd let a child treat my kid like that. Do you run into this and if so what do you say?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bamababe1975
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:20 PM
I usually say, "No pushing, please!" or "Hey, watch out for the little ones!" in a loud enough tone to get people to look.
Dannille33
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:33 PM

I know what your saying.. some parents fail to see the need to tell their kids no running.. or please use your manners..

I usually have a talk with my kids before we go on to a place. We have a plan we call it.. and if that plan is broken we leave. We have had a few times where we have had to leave.. but not for quite a while.. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)