Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever felt like a black sheep in your family?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:51 PM
  • 33 Replies

I remember growning up I did... I was the youngest but my grandparents favored my older brother of 6 yrs. And my mom as well .. he was the first born.

I never got the .. being the baby of the family feeling.

When my brother moved away when I was 8 I felt like it was my time to finally feel the spot light as one might say ... but I was wrong.. talks of my brother were still there and everyone asked about him.

When I turned 20 things started to change .. and I started to feel like I wasn't the black sheep of the family.. at least to my mom and gram.

So. how about you? ever felt like that in your own family?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DazeDelights
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Yea but I AM the black sheep:)

misskimi78
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:07 PM

I always did. I had kids really young and am probably the least financially independent one.

pebbles98
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Yes I did when I was a teen. I rebelled for a number of reasons. Didn't have a stable mother and everyone believed her over me so eventually the entire family turned on me which only lead me to rebel even more.

b.ranch
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Absolutely! kind of the same thing, my brother is 6 yrs older and he was great at all the sports,  went to the fancy college and I dropped out of college etc.I wasn't bad, I just never felt like I measured up. I hope to never do that to my kids.

Lisasmommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Yes. It was worse when I was younger. I've finally been able to visit with extended family without my folks around and it has made them realize I'm not so bad after all, lol! My brother is still the one everyone talks about. Works for Microsoft and goes on trips of Europe for a couple months every year. While I stayed home to take care of ill family right out of high school so I'm just catching up to living my own life now. Really sucks that my folks still try to belittle me and insult me at family functions. They didn't want a girl and have made it very well known.

Glad to hear your mom and gram are better about it now. It really sucks when family plays favorites. Hugs!

christina.1980
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:20 PM

I sure did. I was adopted at the age of 7 and never really fit in. I still try to this day but there is such a weird feeling. I also feel like I am the only one who tries to keep in touch.

htreveth
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:21 PM
I was the middle kid that got lost in the disfunctional mix. I am def the black sheep now as I do not speak to my parents at all and have little contact with my sibs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowboysgirl3227
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:22 PM

I have always felt like the black sheep.

candlelight777
by Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:23 PM
Me too!!!

Quoting DazeDelights:

Yea but I AM the black sheep:)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amzbrznjz
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:23 PM

I am the black sheep but in a good way...I am the only one who does not drink, smoke or party.  I am the only with a college education and moved out of the country town I live in (200 people) and move to a big city (Chicago), and made something for myself...yes we live a comforteble life, meaning not living paycheck to paycjeck, unlike my parents and sister who get paid and smoke and party it away

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)