Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever been to a Gay or Lesbian bar?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:20 PM
  • 22 Replies

I'm not gay or bi... but I have friends that are...

Back about 10 yrs ago .. my friends liked taking me out once in a while on their terms.. lol

I was going to their kind of bar.

I really didn't mind for the most part.. and I really felt ok.. I mean it seems like in straight bars your always judged for being this or that.. in the gay bars you are accepted.

I kind of miss it.. mainly because we did alot of karoke there.. LOL and everyone would lie and say.. You sang great.. but I know it was the booze talking .. lol

I wasn't hit on .. and I think that everyone knew I was pretty straight.. lol

But... anyway.. how about you?

ever been to one ? ans what did you think?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shaunadale
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Yes, and I have always had a blast!

Dannille33
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:27 PM

I know right.. they really make you feel so great! I mean it's so inviting..and welcomed..

I so miss it.. :( at times..

Quoting shaunadale:

CoachyMom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:29 PM
My good good friend is gay. I went as his date to an event at a gay bar. He went as his drag alter ego Reba and we invented my alter ego Justin Case. I had a blast. We danced with each other all night. I am a huge flirt and flirted with everyone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyG1976
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:29 PM

yup my roomie is a lesbian we go to gay bars reg (lol bars) the gym (although at least once she was told thats the girls locker room or bathroom her replay YEA I know hahaha anywayyy.   dh sister is gay my aunts bff was gay (died about a year ago) my dads uncle is gay one of my cousins (who was always like a bff to me -- his good friend is gay.) another good friends brother is gay sd uncles are gay.. I am surranded I have an HRC sticker on my car just signed some marraige equality thing about an hour ago though HRC... I love gay ppl after all it means happy :)  both of my best friends since age 6 and 7 are gay.  then most of my good friends in high school are now gay.... when asked if I got along better with men or woman I did say gay woman since I know more and have longer long time friends with them...

Dannille33
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:31 PM

That sounds like a TOTAL blast!!!!

Quoting CoachyMom:

My good good friend is gay. I went as his date to an event at a gay bar. He went as his drag alter ego Reba and we invented my alter ego Justin Case. I had a blast. We danced with each other all night. I am a huge flirt and flirted with everyone!

Dannille33
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:33 PM

Ya... I never used the Rest rooms.. I was warned about that.. :)

That's cool you have a HRC sticker.. I use to have a P Flag sticker .. till I got my new van.. :(

I support my friend and have even been asked to talk during pride..

Quoting AmyG1976:

yup my roomie is a lesbian we go to gay bars reg (lol bars) the gym (although at least once she was told thats the girls locker room or bathroom her replay YEA I know hahaha anywayyy.   dh sister is gay my aunts bff was gay (died about a year ago) my dads uncle is gay one of my cousins (who was always like a bff to me -- his good friend is gay.) another good friends brother is gay sd uncles are gay.. I am surranded I have an HRC sticker on my car...

Liamjamesmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:33 PM
Same here!! One of our favorites had a drag show soo much fun

Quoting shaunadale:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:33 PM
I miss our gay bar! people kept trying to get it shut down (stupid hick town) and they finally got their way. It was fun though! you could dance with lots of hot guys and everyone was so nice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazyMom5480
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:46 PM

No, but I've very rarely been to any bars at all.  I hear the local gay bar is the funnest one to go to around here.

jillbailey26
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Not a bar, but I have been to a gay/lesbian club, lol.  It was just like any other club.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)