Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what it means accepting applications

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:11 PM
  • 7 Replies
Dose that mean there a position open ? Or they are taking applications ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
littlejulie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:16 PM

accepting is YES if you want it ,go for it

Dannille33
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:19 PM
Yes it can mean both but more than likely they have some posistions to fill.. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Most of the time if a place is accepting applications it means that there are jobs to fill.  Good luck!

mommasbabies77
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:26 PM
could be both..where I work, we accept applications all the time but we only hire a few times a yr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Some companies won't accept anymore because they have so many already. Some companies toss aps after a certain amount of time so are always accepting them. I would give them one and ask how long they keep it on file. If it's some place you really want to work keep putting in a new one!

periwinkle163
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:43 PM

If you ask if they are hiring and they say we are taking applications in my experience it usually means they aren't hiring at the moment. That is what I have been told to say to people who ask at every job I have ever held.

Wyndi
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:14 AM

from a former business owner and store manager, we would say we are accepting applications regardless if we were hiring or not, when in fact we were looking to replace someone that just was not working out.

so if your looking for a job, then go on and submit your application and resume. You never know, you just might be the best person for the postion. 

Hi I'm Wyndi. I live in a small villiage in Ohio. I've met the Villiage Idiot and wish his villiage would come claim him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)