Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SHOP IN PEACE?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:03 AM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you drop your child (age 3-10) in a fun filled child care as listed here?

Options:

Yes

No

Not yes or no I would have to meet the staff and get a feel for the room first.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 27

View Results

•  What if we had extensive security in place ex: take a picture of the parent and child along with registration in order to have the same parent pick up the right child.
  •  A security camera in the room in which you could log onto a certain website with your smart phone to watch your child at any time during the stay.
  • One entrance and exit that is locked and only opened by staff(usually would be 2 ppl at a time which are drug screened, background checked etc ).
  • And this would be owned by a couple who are 30 yrs old and have 2 children.

• Would this change the no's to yes's? We are thinking $10/hr for the first hour and then $5/hr for the second hour. (with a $5 minimum) *Then adding siblings there would be a discount (maybe $5/hr for the second child) and $3/hr for the 3rd child etc. Therefore if you have 3 children and stay for one hour it would be $18 and then $31 for 2 hours. Changing any minds?
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Liamjamesmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:08 AM
I picked #3 it sounds super great of I liked the people watching ds then yes I would do it in a heartbeat. I like the idea of the picture with the kid and the camera. You can't be to safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetsurprise13
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:08 AM

it would depend on me checking the place out.

TableforSeven
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:36 AM

Nope.  I wouldn't use that type of service even if it was free.

DOMTITI
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:40 AM

No, they actually have a couple places like that in my area. I dont trust anyone with my children. I dont care what type of security measures they use.  I especially wouldnt use the a service, just to "shop in peace".

sheri305
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:49 AM

I picked #3.But I shouldn't picked no,because as I'm thinking about,I know if my kids were younger,I wouldn't leave them.

singlemomof2nok
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:29 AM

Usually if Grandma is not available, I will plan to go another day

my4boys2002
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:31 AM
I usually leave kids with the nanny
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soymujer
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Since I have an older son, I usually leave the youngest with him when I shop...however, if I liked the place, I may have considered it when the oldest was younger...

family in the van   Mom of four

Flaca43
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:18 AM

I chose no because I am fine with shopping with my children...it doesn't bother me.

lalasmama2007
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:41 AM

I agree.  One of the local supermarkets in my area offers this service for free and we've never opted to use it. 

Quoting TableforSeven:

Nope.  I wouldn't use that type of service even if it was free.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)