Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

broken bones?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:38 AM
  • 27 Replies

With spring finally here I keep thinking of all of the thing my kids are going to get into this year. How many injuries will we have? It seems that we're constantly running to the doctor or ER for injuries.

My oldest son(17) is especially accident prone. He's broken his nose 6 times, 3 of those times requiring surgery, he once broke both thumbs in the same day in 2 seperate incidents, he's broken numerous fingers and toes, and most recently he broke his knee on a skiing trip.

My other 3 have had their share of broken fingers and toes. My 13yo fractured her tailbone roller skating once, and my 3yo broke her leg last year on the slide (her tennis shoe got caught on the side of the slide as she was going down,no more shoes on slides now, only socks).

I was wondering if it was just my kids or are all kids like this? 

I feel like I should wrap them in bubble wrap before they go outside to play.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RicanGeisha
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:49 AM

In my case it's not my boys, it's me who is accident prone! I have broken all my toes in different occasions and broke 3 at the same time (a new record!). You know it's bad when my doctor told me that I needed to bubble wrap my furniture!

sheri305
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:51 AM

None of my kids have never really been accident prone so far.

sheri305
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Im the clumsy 1.

my4kidsrock2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:54 AM

I've never been clumsy. I've never had a broken bone in my life, so I just don't get how my kids keep breaking things. 

singlemomof2nok
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:26 AM

mine haven't broken any bones

nazmom2be
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:30 AM
I worry about broken bones and slicing their heads open. This is why I have a seperate account with 300+ dollars in it....just for ER visits. I have not had to use it, but I have it there just in case.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyG1976
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:34 AM

not here my kids are 15.10.8.6 never had a kid with a broken bone. between me and my 2 sisters one broke her wrist around age 30 and while prego her ribs were broken (big high belly idk pregnancy broke them) i broke some toes as an adult the other nothing yet shes 26. dh broke his wrist at 18 I dont belive anything before that.

Momof4kids9621
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:34 AM
Worst thing that happened to mine was stitches...but my oldest is 10 lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my4kidsrock2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:39 AM

None of my kids have ever had stitches, surprisingly. They just break bones instead.

Quoting Momof4kids9621:

Worst thing that happened to mine was stitches...but my oldest is 10 lol

soymujer
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:01 AM

My daughter is so accident prone that we were going to wrap her up in bubble wrap.  She broke her wrist while in the care of grandma and then 6 months later, broke her arm while in the care of the sitter...

family in the van   Mom of four

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)