Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG, The nerve of some people, I swear I wanna choke someone

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:57 PM
  • 18 Replies

Ok ladies, I must vent!!!! Really!!! Some people have no common sense at all.This may turn into a long VENT, lol;)

Okay, this all starts about 6 weeks ago, an ex co-worker of my SO got kicked out of the motel that him, he's 21, his GF, she's 20 and their DD who is 14 months old, were staying at (they had been there over a year, trying to "save up money" for a place).  Trying to be helpful, SO offers them to stay with us, (I know bad idea!!!), RENT FREE!!!

He gave them 6 weeks to get their shit together. They are enrolled in the Work First program, so first thing is is that they had to keep attending that so they could be able to find a job to support themselves and continue to get their cash benefits, to save the money to help get them an apartment. They receive $246 twice a month. They were to take that money off the card and get a money order, made out to themselves, and put it in the safe (neither one of them has a bank account, and DO NOT know how to handle money). My SO said he would let him go to work with him to help make extra money too.

So in this 5 weeks or so that they have been here, they have went to their Work First classes maybe 5 times, (they only have to go 2 times a week, Monday's and Wednesday's). And spend at least 6 hours a week looking for a job between them 2 of them. Always an excuse to not have to go, her toe hurts, (she hurt it by tripping over the vacuum cord while vacuuming), she's having "women problems" (been on her period the entire time she's been here, come to find out she has an infection caused by Chlamydia), or he needs to go to the doctor to get checked out for 'the clap', it's always an excuse, and already have to have a 'triage' meeting with their caseworker and the lady from the Work First program, from missing too much without valid reasons for missing.

Anyways, on with this BS I've been dealing with. Their car is not legal (the plates on the car aren't even the plates for that car, tags on the car aren't even valid tags, no insurance). So my SO told them that they could use our truck for Work First and job searching only. Well first screw-up for them is that he had to take me to work one day because he was doing work around the yard, (SO was paying him so he had some spending money) well he comes to pick me up with his gf and one of his other friends in the truck, UMMMM NOT HAPPENING!!! #1 you are supposed to be picking me up from work, not driving all over town visiting while my SO, who doesn't like anyone's kids but his own, is at home watching your baby and #2 I am not sitting 4 people deep in a truck this is only meant to seat 2 1/2 people!!!! Then like 2 days later he takes the truck again to go to the grocery store for me, then stays gone for like 2 hours, WTF!

So my SO revokes the use of the truck for anything. Overreacting, maybe a little, but DAMN IT we're paying for the gas in that truck, not them!!! Then last Monday I wake up to go get their baby from the playpen, and they are gone baby included, and so is our truck!!!! I find a note like 20 minutes later from them saying that he had to take his GF to the hospital in Grayling (35 minutes) away, because she woke up in pain and in a puddle of blood. They couldn't wake me up to ask me if they could take the truck, text my SO to ask him, something, before just taking it!!! Nope they just took it upon themselves to take it. OK I mean I understand that they were probably freaking out about her issues, but seriously, I was home, they should've asked, right???

Then the next day she says that she needs to go to His Love, (which is a place in town that helps young mothers with baby essentials). I told her that "that shit like like that pisses me off, those places are their to help people who are having a hard week and can't afford diapers, wipes etc, not people who are letting those places pay for stuff your baby needs all the time. He has money tell him to go get diapers for that baby!!" By the time he gets home, he is broke so I have to take money out of my own pocket to get the baby diapers. SO says to her "Seriously grow the hell up already!!! If you can't afford a basic necessity such as diapers for your baby then really, you've got NO RIGHT being a mother yet!"

Ok so my SO was ready to kick them out then, but I talk him into letting them stay, I mean I can't see putting them out with ABSOLUTELY no where to go, especially with a baby. They have burned bridges with her parents, his parents, their friends everything, they have no where to go!!

Then to top it all off, this is where the big blow-up happens!!!!! She gets a prescription for her Celexa (SP?) filled last week. She comes out of the bathroom yesterday saying that my SS stole them!! My SS is not perfect and has had issues for stealing before, I know this. So SO and her BF come home to pick up some tools they needed for work and she tells him what his son has done. He tries calling son, son don't answer phone, he goes gets son at friend's house and finds out on the way home that she actually gave him 4 of them, (which she failed to mention earlier, to keep her own ass from being chewed out), but he did take the rest and sold them, (YES, he is in trouble too, will vent later about that subject) He came home with SS and confronted her, she said she did give him 4, but he stole the rest of them!!! Seriously what person GIVES a 14 yr old pills. He blows up at her, I had to step in before he beat her ass. He told them that she better be gone before he gets back home from work, if not he was calling the cops and having her arrested. So they are gone now:)

What the hell is wrong with some people????

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Goof-Emom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Some people have no shame and feel no guilt. They think that they can take advantage of people over and over again and it drives me nuts. Sorry to hear you had to go through all this.

princess49615
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:09 PM

Quoting Goof-Emom:

Some people have no shame and feel no guilt. They think that they can take advantage of people over and over again and it drives me nuts. Sorry to hear you had to go through all this.

The way I see it, is that Karma is...well Karma, and she will get them:)

Thank for the suppport:)

singlemomof2nok
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:09 PM

Wow, I would have kicked them to the curb a long time ago. 

LancesMom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:13 PM

hugs

elle31106
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Wow, I cannot even imagine the nerve of some people. You are a better person than me, because I would have kicked them out the first time they made and excuse not to go to their workforce class.

QueenBeeJD
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:09 PM

I think your first clue about folks like that is when EVERYONE else in their life has written them off! I know you want to be the good person and try to help someone, but people at that point have burnt all their bridges for a reason...they have no intention of helping themselves, only using whatever sucker comes along to feel sorry for them. Sorry you had to get taken advantage of.

2rays0fsun
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:19 PM

wow. I think you should sit them both down (with your SO) and give them a date to get out. you did more than your part & don't owe them a thing.. and they're being so bogus in so many ways. imho Good luck...  hugs

Lisa0626
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Omg, that is crazy. Honestly, I don't mind helping people and it's great and all, but if they are taking advantage of everyone who tries to help them, then they are too immature. Especially to be with a child. I also would have kicked them out a long time ago, just can't deal with that mess in my house. Don't blame you for being upset at all.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:44 PM
Same here!

Quoting elle31106:

Wow, I cannot even imagine the nerve of some people. You are a better person than me, because I would have kicked them out the first time they made and excuse not to go to their workforce class.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnieMcD
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:46 PM

You know it sounds callous but that's why I don't help people anymore. If you're staying with me, you're paying rent. If you can't afford reasonable rent you're also doing the dishes, and watching the kid. That's the arrangement we have with out current roommate and it's perfect. 

Before that, on several occassions, we have had people that became lumps, or even worse, drains on our household. Yours sound even worse, saddling you with their child as well. It's a rotten situation all around, but I will say one thing.

I would never NEVER have told them to put all of their money aside and have them do spare chores for cash. This puts you in the position of mom and dad, someone that is supporting them financially, completely. You are asking them to take advantage of you. And then, instead of suggesting (or making) them use some of that money you had them setting aside, to register their own car, you let them use yours when they're clearly not responsible enough to even own one properly.

I'm sorry you went through what you did, and I hope you don't have to again, but I also hope you learned a valuable lesson. Shakespeare had it right, neither a borrower nor a lender be. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)