Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scavenger Hunt Clue idea needed....please

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:59 PM
  • 8 Replies

So again I have waited until the LAST minute to make our scavenger hunt clues for the kids in the morning to find their baskets.  I do 2, one for the boys 10 and one for the girls, 17 & 18.  I usually do about 10 clues.  Would you like to help me??

We have a 4 bedroom 2 bath house with living room, family room, kitchen, dinning and sun room, front & back yard, with 2 sheds, no garage, 2 cars, a swingset playground thing and a trampoline, oh and a laundry room, 2 frigs, 1 freezer.......any suggestions?

billssweety_MDA.

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Stormy6669
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:24 PM

For the older kids...

The Easter Eggs are near now,
On this I'd like to bet
The next place that they're hiding in
They're bound to get quite wet
(Shower, Bird bath, Next to a water hose) etc.

Clue # -- says "cheep cheep" I'm hiding in a box of ____ (peeps ... make sure the egg is the same color of the peeps)

Clue # -- what a geezer it froze itself inside the _____ (Run the last clue under water and freeze it in the freezer so it has a nice build up of ice around it .... it's great to see them try and melt the ice to get their final clue to where there basket is)

For the younger kids...

(dogs name) likes his toys, his balls & his bones, Clue #1 is on something that's thrown (tape on the back of a frisbee)

You scraped your knee you said "boo hoo" Where the band-aids are you'll find clue #2 (medicine cabinet)

To check the mail you'll need a key, Hiding in your mailbox is clue #3 (mailbox)

I need a spoon out of that drawer, There is where you'll find clue #4 (silverware drawer on top of the spoons)

Clue #5 says "Cheep Cheep" Now where did you put that box of peeps? (in a box of peeps ... preferably same color as egg)

It's cold outside; clue #6 took note, It's hiding in the pocket of your coat (coat pocket)

The smell of dirty clothes, Phew, I've died and gone to heaven ... In this stinky mess is where you'll find clue #7 (hamper)

It's Eight o'clock we can't be late, heading off to school is where I wait. (backpack)

The dishes are dirty, and this is where you'll find Hiding in there is clue #9 (dishwasher or Kitchen sink)

Inside, Outside, Upside down,
Your Easter basket is no where to be found. I guess you need one final clue, You dry your clothes here not your shoes (Dryer)

Sweaty & Stinky this hunt has made you,
don't give up, you have one last clue.
To clean yourself this is where you'll need to go,
Your basket has been waiting there the whole time you know!

billssweety
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Stormy6669 those are AWESOME!!!  I take it you do this too?

Stormy6669
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:44 AM

We are this year. I can't wait. I think it will be loads of fun!

Stormy6669
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:45 AM

Oh, and we have also done scavenger hunts for bday parties. That is fun. We do a pirate theme with a treasure map.  The boys love it.

Stormy6669
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:50 AM

Another fun idea to do is to get a puzzle, put it together, flip it over, write out where the main prize is (with a clue of course) then take an individual puzzle piece and put it in a plastic egg until you fill all eggs with one puzzle piece. (usually a small 24 count puzzle, depending on amount of kids) The kids then have to put puzzle together, flip over, read clue to find their prize.

jodyann2
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 2:55 AM
That's awesome!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
billssweety
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 2:08 PM

I LOVE that puzzle idea!!!!

singlemomof2nok
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 2:22 PM

The puzzle idea is really great

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)